How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Happy Days.      Share

Happy Days.

Most of my killer finds happened years ago. Although I did have a walk-in at my room in seattle last year that had my favorite CAC and others that I now own. If I remember correctly it was the large ones in this pic. Traded some handmade for them that I had gotten areal deal on. They cost me less than 500. I also walked into an Antique store in Niles CA and walked out (after paying) with 3 paperweights A Clichy A Baccarat and an early american. About 6000 dollars in value for 18 bucks. In that same town, different store, found a large jar (2gallon) that was full of marbles marked 10 for a dollar. In the jar were All types and sizes of Akro Ades and 3 color corks ect. Now that was fun! Peace,Galen

Nadine

Re: Happy Days.

I can only imagine your heartrate after handing over the $18! Great story.

Wow Galen.Trades are the best. Those paperweights would have went right past me. I never got to learnin them. Too much other stuff I'm into. Killer CA
    Road Dog

Unregistered

What is the best book for paperweights? I have seen many but lack the knowledge to capitalize on them. I saw one recently that I thought would make a great end-of-day if reworked. Do many people rework them into marbles?

Schmoozer

I have not seen but a few antique paperweights in an Antique store in 10 years. They are almost all new. I gotout of paperweights long ago because of the massive ammounts of repros and all the real ones have disappeared. I would know an Old one if I saw it and would buy it if it was a deal. Just don't look for them anymore. Peace,Galen

Galen,

Those are insane marbles. One of these days I WILL find some like that. How many paperweights do you have? Is it legal to show pictures of your paperweights here? They are glass. I love paperweights too. I wanna see, I wanna see. If your paperweight collection is anything like your marble collection....OMG.
    Claudia

I really wish I could but the paperweights (apprx 75) and my first marble collection along with many other collections and Antiques were stolen when they were in a shipping container after my divorce 15 years ago. Peace,Galen

Oh, that really sucks Galen. I have had a similar experience. I used to collect old draw knives and old Toulouse Lautrec prints. They were in storage for about three days, during a divorce/move, went to go get them....gone. Ouch!
    Claudia

Galen,
    That milky/black/oxblood Akro Cork I posted a few days back also came from an antique store in Niles. I also picked up a great Winchester barlow, a nice Case jackknife, and two pieces of Blenko. Almost 20 antiques shops in a 3 block span, had a great afternoon!!
    Still learning the game... :help2: :help2: