How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Sick from salomonella in peanut butter!

Anyone else here eat the salmonella tainted Peter Pan/Walmart brand of peanut butter? :pukeface: :spit: :toiletpap

I've been sick since yesterday but thought that I was getting the flu..........fever, aching body & messed-up stomach. But this morning on the news, there was the story about the recall of Lot #2111......Peter Pan peanut butter, which I had bought last week. I had eaten a spoonful on Tues. and half a sandwich on Weds. They said that it can take up to 24 hours for the symptoms to show.

Whew~talk about feeling rough.......but I think that I'm over the worst of it............at least I hope that I am.
    Last edited by ponkochan; 02-15-2007 at 10:47 PM. Reason: OOOPS~Sal"o"monella is misspelled in the title, but can't edit it.

Re: Sick from salomonella in peanut butter!

Hope you feel better soon - salmonella is nothing to scoff at.

Almost done with marbles catfish's Avatar

Tainted Peter Pan? Haven't heard that one yet, but you can bet I'm on my way to the cupboard right about.........now! Hope you get to feeling better Lizzy.

Hope you are okay Lizzy. I had to get the county to plow us out to take my son to the er. Half way there we had to turn around because you couldn't see anything and I didn't want to kill all 4 of us......and he "said" he was doing better. Hindsite and a look at the p-nut butter told me what his problem was. He had me terrified as he was all dehydrated and even posturing but some gatorade (about 2 quarts) and we brought him out of it.
    Rhonda (aka Gracie)

Intrepid Cat's Eye Hunter tnbar's Avatar

I am sorry to hear about people getting sick from eating something that should be safe.:stressed7 It is getting to a point where I am afraid to eat unless I raised it at home. Whether in a garden or home grown Beef. Gracie I hope your son is OK. Lizzy did you give any to your new pup??. HA HA Actually are you ok. I sure hope so. Hope all are OK.
    Last edited by tnbar; 02-16-2007 at 03:31 PM.

Wow. Sorry to hear about that. I hope everyone is doing well. Man, thats two people just on this board. I wonder how many people got sick. Scary. I wish everyone a speedy recovery.

-Dave

When you think about the millions(billions) of jars of peanut butter sold each year I can't imagine this doesn't happen more often. Seems the whole world is one small community now and everything gets totally blown out of preportion. And the real stuff gets overlooked. Like Global warming. The internet really has things screwed up. There are enough people out there that believe they are allergic to electricity that the actually sell devices to protect them, OMG. Crystal power please. Living in the Bay area I get to see and hear it all. It is very humerous though and good for many free laughs. Oh yea I forgot about the magnet power people. Give me a break (LOL) Peace,Galen I am sorry anyone got ill and hope you all feel better soon.

We had eaten one whole jar and started on 1/2 the second jar when I heard about the warning... both jars were from the infected lot.. but thank God no one got sick... I guess the 60 jars tested per run is not enough... I still love PeterPan and will buy some more once there is more on the shelfs..I do hope the worst is over for you Lizzy...
    Sorry Us Georgians sent you bad peanut butter......

Joe

Global warming?........did someone say "Global warming"??

Uhhhhhh........(refer to below picture with reference to the problem of global warming in Kokomo, Indiana.....)

Lizzy, glad your feeling better, I'm not a big fan of P~nut butter, but will let the family know....

S~

That picture of kokomo is real proof of global warming...

Ice caps are shrinking on Mars, too..

http://www.heartland.org/Article.cfm?artId=17977

By the way, I sure hope everybody who got sick from the peanut butter will be okay. Yikes!
    Last edited by Dustyman73; 02-17-2007 at 03:29 PM.

Davey is fine. Still not eating much because he's afraid of getting sick but his strength is back and so is his 8yo attitude .
    Rhonda

Thanks everyone for the get-better wishes! Glad that Davey is feeling better too. It's much more hazardous to the very young and very old.

I'm sure that most everyone here has been sick from salmonella, e. coli, listeria, etc. A lot of times people think that they've got the flu or a "bug", when in fact, it's from something that they ate.

I actually did give "Otis" a little bit of that peanut butter. We had bought him a chew toy called a "Kong". It has like a hollow core, that you can stuff with doggie biscuits or rub a little peanut butter inside.............which I did. The next day, he did have an "accident" in the house for the very first time. :: Not sure if it was related though.

For some very interesting info about global warming, world hunger, etc. check out one of my favorite websites:

http://www.lovearth.net/

76 and sunny yesterday. 74 today. Sorry about you folks in the NE. Peace,Galen