How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

You're not gonna believe...

AGAIN!! This is two wknds in a row! I love the Saturday garage sales. This is the first sunny wknd we've had in a long while. When I asked if there were any marbles he went inside and brought out a baggie with about a dozen old marbles. I asked how much and he said "How about a dollar?" I paid without even looking at them closely. All I know was that I saw some oxblood and prayed for good condition. Would you believe there were six killer keepers!! Here are the better condition ones. The center one is 7/8 with a few small hits. The silver ox is sorta bad, oh well it is over 3/4ths. The little blue Vitro is a little dull looking, is this a Wedding Cake????? I'm gonna find me a Wedding Cake!!! I may need an ID on the red white and blue one. That sure is a beautiful transparent red it has in it that goes all the way into the marble. It has a transparent red patch, an opaque white patch, a transparent amber? patch and a blue /white whispy area. It also has a little (tiny white breadcrumb) furnace stuff in it. I will include a zoom of that one. I just couldn't believe it for a dollar. There is not another feeling in the world that compares to this! Thanks for the help everyone. Regards, ~Roger

Re: You're not gonna believe...

I took a few indoor shots, all the ones above are taken outside w/ no flash. I think these new pix show the seams a little better on the red white and blue mystery marble. Mystery to me, that is! It is in mint condition! It is almost 27/32nds. What is it? Thanks again everybody! ~Roger

Man, two weekends in a row?! Nice score. I'm not sure about the mystery marble? Akro? Vitro? I'm terrible with patches. The bottom middle one looks like a nice Akro carnelian to me though. I paid a dollar to park today while I was antiquing. All I saw was a big covered candy dish full of benningtons with like ten nice slags in it for...."wait for it...." $195! LOL!
    Nice score, Roger.

-Dave

Bottom right silver ox cork. The ox seperated and floated away from pattern.

Most excellent find! I "think" your mystery mib is a Peltier.
    thanks.

so do I. And a great score! Peace,Galen

I guess that means the weddin's off. If I could just change my ways...NOPE!.... LOL!... I AM gonna find me a Vitro Wedding Cake one of these old days. Does my Peltier shooter have a name Galen? Or am I just asking for trouble? LOL Thank you all so much!! ~Roger

Red White Grey/blue .............Hey!!! It's a Graycoat Patch!!! LOLROF Now Willie's gonna kill me! Regards, ~Roger

Yes it does. Rainbo. Peace,Galen

Thanks Galen, you know I'm just havin too much fun. Time to walk the dog. Thanks again everyone. ~Roger

Quote Originally Posted by delkins View Post
    Man, two weekends in a row?! Nice score. I'm not sure about the mystery marble? Akro? Vitro? I'm terrible with patches. The bottom middle one looks like a nice Akro carnelian to me though. I paid a dollar to park today while I was antiquing. All I saw was a big covered candy dish full of benningtons with like ten nice slags in it for...."wait for it...." $195! LOL!
    Nice score, Roger.

-Dave
    Hello and thanks. I want to see your awesome slags. At twenty each I bet you are VERY happy with them! Why don't you post them soon? We'll be lookin' for ya!! Regards, ~Roger

I really need to stop spending all my time making marbles and hit some garage sales... I rushed home after a hour shopping with the wife and passed by 3 garage sales... Man.... You really scored...

Thanks for showing... it's really encouraging...
    Joe

Oh, I didn't buy the slags, Roger. Heck, I felt somewhat guilty about paying $20 for the jar that contained my electric yellow CAC slag- well, not really. I'm all about finding deals in the wild, and it looks like you're doing pretty well at it. Congratulations again.

-Dave

Quote Originally Posted by delkins View Post
    Oh, I didn't buy the slags, Roger. Heck, I felt somewhat guilty about paying $20 for the jar that contained my electric yellow CAC slag- well, not really. I'm all about finding deals in the wild, and it looks like you're doing pretty well at it. Congratulations again.

-Dave
    You know, it's not just about the marbles. Although I feel it is getting real friggin' close to being all about the marbles, I also look for other hot deals which grow by the numbers, depending on how un-blindsided I might become trying to make it 'all about the marbles'. In other words, I might find myself in a position where I would have to sell marbles to stay in business. Right now, however, I find myself 'not so vulnerable' as to stay afloat selling 'everything else' just to keep from 'losing my marbles'. I'm trying to keep myself 'well versed' in art and music, books and jewelry, etc. Please don't quote me on this, although it works for me. So far, that is... Regards, ~Roger

Nice find Rodger. I have some of the same kinds you found.