How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just a few old marbles..      Share

Just a few old marbles..

Hi. I'm fairly new to the 'land of marbles', and I could use some help identifying a few from a box I recently purchased. I went through and picked out some of the more interesting ones to start out with.

Do any of these stand out? I think the one with the different color swirls might be a type of lutz..am I right? Thanks for reading.

Almost done with marbles catfish's Avatar

Re: Just a few old marbles..

Dead center bottom row appears to be a handmade German marble referred to as a Ribbon core Lutz. Top row second and third from left are slags IMHO. Bottom row 2 left most marbles are Masters. The rest need better pictures IMHO.

:icon_wink GEEZ, how did you ever spot that Lutz!? Great eye!! I see a few slags, and a few Masters, a great looking starter set. Thanks for showing and WELCOME to the LOM!! :icon_wink ~R

The lutz can be a pretty valuable one - maybe a couple closer pictures of it. Any damage?

Thanks for the replies so far.

Here are 2 closeups of the lutz one. There are chips and dings.

Here's some closeups on two that were in the first pictures, and one that wasn't. The first one is the new one. The only spot of color is the 'eye' you see in the photo. The 3rd one has color on one side only, the other half is see through.