How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old Clay Marbles      Share

Old Clay Marbles

An 82 year old lady has about 3 dozen smallish (not pee wee but smaller than 5/8) clay marbles that she played with as a child. She's asking what these might be worth. Sorry, she has the marbles so I have no pictures. They're in various earth tones. Thanks for any help. Jane

Re: Old Clay Marbles

If they are in good shape I would say no more than 5-10 dollars for the lot. That may be a little bit high too but it is ultimately what a clay marble collector sees in them. Hope that helps

Mike
    Mike

"To give anything less than your best, Is to Sacrifice the Gift" -Steve Prefontaine

There were/are soooo many clay marbles, and some have produced fakes that they have practically little value today.
    Kris

Yeah, for some reason they do ok on ebay, but there are billions of them...if you want some and are patient you can get several hundred in a batch for 10-20.00........pax Jon

I have a neighbor whose brother scavage hunts for anything old..arrowhead, coins etc. and he has found MANY clay marbles.
    Kris

Thanks everyone, for your thoughts, info on the clays. I had researched them on ebay also and found the $5-$10 looked like it, but was hoping they were worth more. The 82 year old, understandably, thinks they're worth quite a bit. I'll let her know. Jane