How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Re: The reason why we have dogs

I can barely imagine the full terror of this, we'd be memorializing you now without that dog!

hey Terry... I hope you gave that girl some of the steak scraps!!

Intrepid Cat's Eye Hunter tnbar's Avatar

Hello, Thanks all for the concern and kind words. Everyone here has such a big heart with their adopted pets. It makes my heart all warm to see so many dogs and cats adopted.

Zaboo, Yes I did give her some steak scraps and I told her when the bulls name in the fall is changed to frigidare she can have the first steak from him and all the bones she wants.

Now if we can just get people like Michael Vick behind bars where they belong. this breed can enjoy the happy go lucky life they so justly deserve and long for.

Thanks for listening (or reading) my rambling on.
    Here is a full pic of my Canine Hero.

The harness, collar and leash are not needed anymore this was just after we got her.

Nadine Terror yes, My whole life flashed before my eyes and I had to ask for a repeat.

Thanks All
    Terry
    Last edited by tnbar; 08-27-2007 at 08:08 PM.
    Thanks
    Terry:

A lovely lady Terry. Obviously full of heart and spunk. I totally agree with you on the Vick thing.
    carole

:soapbox: My wife and I have had Pit Bulls for the last 20 years and have never had a problem with them at all. It is too bad that a few lowlife Scum (sp) have made the breed bad and feared by many. I just wish that the Media would once in a while highlight the Pits that have made a name for themselves. I have heard that some of the top rescue dogs in the country are Pits. But does the media bring alot of attention to the good ones like the bad ones. No I think not. One of the best rescue dogs froom 911 was Yes a Pit Bull. Did it bite and maim anyone no or you would of heard more about it. I believe that if the dog is raised right and did not come from fighting background most of them are great and loyal companions. The biggest problem is there is just way too much random breeding and not selective breeding. Why we had a teenager see ours and he turned to his friend and say look at that dog. His friend turned to look and said that is not a dog but a pitbull. You would be more apty to be bitten by me than Jesse. At one time we had 2 pits, a doberman, an Akita, a border collie, a keeshound and 2 labs along with a mixed breed terrier. Of all those 1 was a female and she would be the most likly candidate to bite someone. Of all of them they all came from the pound. Well enough on this now, I tend to ramble on in this respect. Remember there are no bad dog just BAD PEOPLE who have them.
    Thanks for the time.
    Terry
    Thanks
    Terry:

Amen!!!!!

I'm afraid of dogs, (I'm a cat person so dogs always know this, ) but I would never deny the love, loyalty & often heroism of any to their masters. I'm also resistant to spiders but they have no clue.

Did I hear spiders
    Here's one for you Nadine.
    Took this by the babbling brook behind our house.
    Thanks
    Terry:

I'm feeling kinda woozy... Great photo even if it does give me the willies!

Animals in general are such a comfort to us humans. I know my deepest secrets and some of my most embarrassing secrets are kept by one of my big dogs. They never pass judgement on what you tell them. They never pass it along in gossip and they will always listen. I don't understand how anyone could injure or abuse such a trusting and true friend.

Well said Kid. I dont understand either some people are just sick.
    Thanks
    Terry:

Terry, your doggie story gives me an opportunity to tell about one of my childhood doggies. He was just a stray doggie that showed up at our house, wet, cold and hungry, when I was about ten years old. In my minds eye I can still see him very plainly. He even smelled a little skunky. My Dad was set to haul him off the next morning, but I begged him to let me keep him. I won and the stray became mine. He was an intact male, but it wasn't long before my dad fixed that. In those days we couldn't afford to take him to a vet.
    There were several dogs in our little town of Minneola, Florida (pop.of about 300 than and now over 22,000). One was a hugh German Shepherd that belonged to the local tavern owner. This dog always spent the night in the tavern as he was a trained guard dog and very vicious. He would attack anyone that entered the tavern after it was closed. We kids were warned to stay away from that dog which we always did. Years later the tavern burned and the dog died in the fire. (sad)
    One day I was riding my bicycle by the owners house and I heard this terrible snarl. Someone had left their yard gate open and that dog was coming for me. I can still see in my minds eye (some 60 years later) that terrible look on that dogs face with his hair on his neck standing straight up. Just before that dog reached me I saw a black and white streak go by. It was my doggie "Rudd". I didn't even know he had been following me. Even though my dog was only about half the size of that hugh German shepherd he rolled him.
    My doggie knew how to take care of himself and it wasn't long before he was just standing over that shepherd and neither dog was hurt very bad. About that time the owner got there and boy was he mad. He accused me of letting his dog out of his yard and than told me he was going to have my dog put down for attacking his dog.
    To make a long story short, when the owner went to the sheriff he got told that he had received several complaints about his dog and for him to just forget about what had happened.
    Never was I so proud of my doggie as I was that day. A few years later he died from poisoning (what a terrible way for an animal to die.) We never did find out who poisoned him.
    He was the most gently and loving dog I ever owned . He was a black and white pit bull. ----Leroy----P.S. I don't mean for this post to put down German Shepherds, it happens that this dog was trained to be vicious.
    Last edited by leroy71; 09-05-2007 at 11:49 AM.

I have a great dane mix. Caesar is a rescue from the humane society. I also have a 3lb chihuahua by the name of Poncho. Well these two bandits have figured several tricks out. Caesar will open the pantry by pulling on the bi-fold door. Then Caecer will stretch out to where Poncho can get up on his back. Caecer then helps Poncho to get on the predetermined shelf. Poncho then knocks down the cookies, crackers or whatever. Poncho then takes the "elevator" down and the treasure is shared amongst all of the dogs. Yes we have seen this done one early morning when the bandits did not know my husband was up and watched. My pantry is not "doggie" proofed.