How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where my time is spent...      Share

Almost done with marbles catfish's Avatar

Where my time is spent...

Unfortuneatly, I haven't been able to spend much time on here lately, and have realized that I actually miss it. So hi to everyone and glad we are all friends. Sorry I haven't kept in touch as often anymore. Heres the new project that has been keeping me away from the computer....

Shes a 1965 Dodge Polara 383/auto car. Numbers matching factory air. Its been hectic trying to get it to Montana. Shes still in Indiana waiting for the automovers. Its like no one wants to stop in Montana?!?!

Re: Where my time is spent...

Congratulations, Catfish!
    Man, my cousin, Pedro has this sweet upholstery shop and he can hook you up with some dingle balls for the ceiling, Hesse.
    That's too cool, Derrick. Very sweet! I'm very excited for you. I can't wait to see more pics. It looks pristine.
    Road Trip!!!!
    Ya gotta admit, a chain steering wheel, would look hot in it. LOL!
    You pimp, you!

-Dave

It's in beautful condition! Did you get this at those big antique car auctions? My son finances those through JJ Best and used to go often, he loved it. Have a ball!

Intrepid Cat's Eye Hunter tnbar's Avatar

Derrick, Is that car yours or your ladies?? OH no must be yours she has the new SS. Cool dude she looks to be near mint couple pinpricks and a flea bit. Man you could'a bought a lot of mibs for that one. Transport it why not drive it or are you afraid of the power LOL. Well either way it looks like a real beaut. Now I am not a Mopar fan but I really appreciate all American muscle. Wow you need the Hemi from Jim Boy what a sleeper.
    Thanks for the pics and good to hear you are still alive.
    Terry
    Thanks
    Terry:

LOL...its been lowered, but that'll be the first thing to get fixed! When you put a mean stance on the car, they suddenly look muscle bound and less like grandmas grociery getter. I would love to fly out and drive it back, but work constraints keep me from doing so.

She is a beauty!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    It's in beautful condition! Did you get this at those big antique car auctions? My son finances those through JJ Best and used to go often, he loved it. Have a ball!
    Nadine, I actually found this online from an individual. I wasn't wanting to spend auction prices. And everytime I was ready to buy on ebay, someone else swooped in on the deal before me.

WOW! GIT -R- DUN ! Nice lookin ride there. I would fix that suspension too only add front and rear sway bars. Go with road wheels or steelies. Got that push -button auto? I had a 1965 Coronet 500 with that it was kinda kool just don't hit defrost (LOL). :obsessed:
    Road Dog

I had a '64 Dodge Dart that had the push button tran. I loved that care.

Quote Originally Posted by coolspecs4u View Post
    WOW! GIT -R- DUN ! Nice lookin ride there. I would fix that suspension too only add front and rear sway bars. Go with road wheels or steelies. Got that push -button auto? I had a 1965 Coronet 500 with that it was kinda kool just don't hit defrost (LOL). :obsessed:
    Its a column shift Dog. I like the chrome smoothies. It'll someday likely be a bucket/console shift car....maybe. The push buttons are not my idea of muscle. LOL Everyone asks, "that got the cool push button auto?" Cool being a relative word. LOL

Cool car, Catfish!! It's funny, I had just posted some Polara pics (it was a custom 61 with a Chrysler front end) on my flickr account. Here's one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9243200@N04/1109959127/

In some of the discussions we were talking about how you don't see or hear of too many Polars. Then I open this thread, and voila! You have a Polara! I think these cars will be sleepers. So many of the standard classics from this era (vettes, Bel-airs, impala's, etc.) are already taken, too darn expensive, and pretty common at shows. This old Mopar, however, will be a unique head turner!

I always refer to those years as the mystery years for mopars. 1959-1962. They made some odd ones. They are among my favorites though. Whre did they all go? Awesome car !
    Road Dog

Quote Originally Posted by coolspecs4u View Post
    I always refer to those years as the mystery years for mopars. 1959-1962. They made some odd ones. They are among my favorites though. Whre did they all go? Awesome car !
    Come to the next county fair in Baker, MT Road Dog....you'll see where they all went. Its Demolition derby fever!!!! Some of them old Chryslers you'd swear were meant for the arena! LOL
    Last edited by catfish; 09-07-2007 at 10:58 AM.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH! Say it isn't so.
    Road Dog

Unforuneatly.....it is.