How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jabo Budweiser      Share

Jabo Budweiser

Hi again I posted this marble a week or so ago and didn't get alot of replies, probably because the pictures were so bad...........! Is this what they are calling a Budweiser Marble? Thanks so much for your

Rochelle

Attachment 40968

Re: Jabo Budweiser

Usually everyone here looks at the questions and photos, and if they agree with the replies or have nothing more to add, they don't. I can't remember offhand what the answers were.

One replied probably "Jabo" and the other replied Looks like the 2007 Budweiser. But I'm pretty new to all of this and just thought I would have more replies. Now since you said what you did then, maybe nobody had anything else to say about it.

Thanks, Rochelle

Oh okay, they were referring to a run of marbles at Jabo where employees (?) dropped in empty (assuming!) cans of Budweiser into the molten glass which then produced the metallic swirls which appear to be on your marbles. Since some older marbles are known also to have metallic on them, the glass color was apparently not similar enough to the older known examples to be the same used on the ones you show here. Why, I'm even confusing myself, but I hope that helps!

Wow, maybe I could use one.............! I appreciate you taking the time to help me, but are you saying thats what this is, or you believe to be? Thank you!

Those are *Budweiser*, but not the *beer can* ones. To be beer cans, they must have the silver metalic threading. If you look at the black threads, you will see that it not metalic, just glass. IMHO,.. there are a lot NICER types in the 2007 fall run.
    Kris

Thanks Kris...............Now its all clear!!!

Have a good one,
    Rochelle

I, for one, don't buy into the "beer can" baloney. I just don't think that one aluminum can dropped into a tank full of hot glass would leave significant metallic residue on an entire run of marbles. That can would almost vaporize instantly when it came into contact with anything of that temperature. I haven't handled a lot of molten glass in my lifetime, but I've worked fabricating metal for a lot of years. Just touch an aluminum can with an acetylene torch and it turns to a gray ash almost instantly.

Just a good story, in conjunction with Jabo, "The sky is falling" rumors to sell marbles. LOL!

Thanks, I to work in metal fab. and have for almost 11 years. Never thought of taking a torch to aluminum to see what would happen. The boss is going to take a second look tomorrow..............LOL!!!

Rochelle

Hey Jim, I agree with you which is why I have stated that the black threading ISN'T metalic! There were a few silver metalics found, but they were picked out long before any made it to the mix in the bins. They are called Budweisers only because of the colors and Ron stated earlier, *the GOOD ones* have the silver metalic over the black. Truthfully, they don't do much for me when there are so many others with fantastic colors.
    Kris

I also didn't believe 'the beer can' story if it hadn't been confirmed to me directly by David Chamberlain recently who describes not a lone can but a party! LOL

The 2007 Budweiser marble was created with the aid of a Budweiser bottle cap. As Dave McCullough did his normal observations of the newly made marbles, he picked up a broken, nearly exact half marble to discover the cause of a flow disruption. On one of my visits, he asked me if I ever heard of the Budweiser marble, showing me the light blue on white base with a dark streak. I asked "Why Budweiser? It doesn't have Budweiser colors." He turned the broken marble over and embedded was a glass beer bottle, bottle cap. The underside was completely exposed and the top was embedded into a nearly perfect half marble. The cap was the same diameter, perfectly aligned along the circumference of the marble and was served as a divider of the two halves. He didn't verify it was actually the brand named. Observation of the progression of colors in the run show the dark streak does not tie in to any color transition, so it showed up and disappeared.
    I have no knowledge of beer can marbles, but in regards to other aluminum coloration myths, including the Lawn Chair run, machine operators have told me that aluminum melts and forms a slick on the surface of the molten glass, burning up before ever possibly getting close to the exit orifice. Aluminum lawn chair legs were used, but the silver we see was created using a different technique and material.

Wow, I just signed up again so I could post a reply to this thread. My replies aren't showing up on my end. I have the feeling they showed up and I have duplicated the post. Sooooo, I'm outta here.