How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: Here's a new one for me...

Looking back through youhave2bid2win's history, I see she has purchased many many benningtons, as well as thousands of other marbles of all types, as well as selling them. Seeing the emails that have been going out to her, don't you all think she may have a just cause to be pissed off?
    Even if they are making fakes, your unprofessionalism alone is enough to make it out of line. That unprofessionalism is now associated with land of marbles web site.......
    I've come on this forum before to keep in touch with the marble community but after the conduct I've seen from its prime members I will no longer be coming here, nor will I direct others to this site as I used to do........

Unregistered

Dear youhave2bid2win,

shut the hell up you no good thief. you scare no one.you would not be mad if you were not wrong. are you scared because you got caught

- marbleworldinc................................
    AND STILL THE ATTACKS CONTINUE ? I WILL NOT SHUT THE H*LL UP!!! LET ME TELL YOU IN A WAY YOU CAN UNDERSTAND. IT IS NOT YOUR BUSINESS. YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT AN ITEM THAT IS NOT RELATED TO YOU. AS STATED BEFORE. NO FRAUD HAS TAKEN PLACE. IF THE BUYER IS NOT HAPPY A FEFUND WILL BE ISSUED WITH NO QUESTIONS, AND THE BUYER KNOWS THIS. BUT THE BUYER MUST CONTACT ME FOR THIS NOT YOU. THERE IS NO FEAR FACTOR INVOLVED IN THIS MATTER. JUST A LOT OF HARASSING FROM L.O.M. MEMBERS. LET ME SUM IT ALL UP FOR YOU.

YOUR INFERIORITY COMPLEX IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS!!!
    I DO SO WISH YOU WOULD KEEP IT THAT WAY.

Check out all of the seller's negative feedback. The specific comments are quite interesting.

I say what i mean, and i mean what i say, i told you in a few simple word's that i thought your bennington was fake. you came back with all your name calling. you dont think you pissed anyone off. well, you did, you have been told by marble collectors that your selling fake marbles. we could take a vote, but you would not listen. you will keep on selling anyways. so i'll say it again, your a theif

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by lstmmrbls View Post
    Hey now, I only snipe. Ebay is set up for sniping so it should be used IMHO. Back to the marble(s) in question. This is a mable board where people are asked for opinions. Some have very strong opinions and get a little carried away at times. Hint. Hint. The general opinion was that these marbles are fakes(modern made) The facts are the same seller has sold one of a kind bennies several times on ebay. That alone is enough to raise most eyebrows. Then it is found that the same seller has bought materials to make such marbles. I really do not think much more needs to be said on the subject. I have known of these type fake bennies being made for some time. They are the easiest marble to fake. It is my opinion the first marble shown and the 1886 marble and any like them are FAKES. It is a shame that all bidders on marbles can't be directed to this Forum. I also see the type of posting and protests that are often posted by someone found out to be involved in some sort of swindle. It has happened before and will happen again. And as long as Ebay runs like it does it will always be a Buyer Beware option. They fully state this. Peace,Galen
    NO,EBAY HAS ACCEPTED BID SNIPPING AS AN ISSUE THAT CAN NOT BE ALTERED. IT WAS AT ONE TIME IN FACT BE CONSIDERED AGAINST THE POLICY RULES. The facts as you put it are that everyone should be entitled to their own opinion,and these members do come here to express those opinions.but this has turned into a sort of shark feeding frenzy if you will. when threats from this forums members reach my ebay message system then it is no longer just a matter of opinion,it then becomes outright harassment. i have purchased hundreds of thousands of marbles many of them were benningtons. along with the marbles i have purchased just about every kind of item that is offered on ebay. when i purchase a large amount of scrap gold (i do this often) and then sell a gold half eagle coin does this also mean i have forged the gold coin in your opinion? when i purchase a large amount of silver bars , and then sell a roll of morgan dollars this must also mean it made those to? since this is a forum based on allowing other peoples opinions, let me give you mine. many of your members have issued these "opinions" to do nothing more than convince any prospective buyers that this item is not authentic. this is a tactic that could cause a lesser final sale price for a possible rare item that most have of you here have shown some interest in obtaining. shame on you and all of the l.o.m. members who would stoop to such low ethical conduct. as i have offered the buyer for this item a full refund should he decide he is not happy with this marble. i dont understand where you all get the nerve to continue this crusade of bash the seller. if this is the kind of activity that you find to be acceptable from any point of view,then who is or has the true problem in this matter ? what is a true shame is that all of the ebay sellers cant be directed to this forum to see the wolf pack feed on the idea that to steal on ebay is ok. i am sure it would affect all start prices or reserves set on all future items listed. feel proud to be a bid snipper!!! and keep calling me the crook.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by crazyrandy217 View Post
    I say what i mean, and i mean what i say, i told you in a few simple word's that i thought your bennington was fake. you came back with all your name calling. you dont think you pissed anyone off. well, you did, you have been told by marble collectors that your selling fake marbles. we could take a vote, but you would not listen. you will keep on selling anyways. so i'll say it again, your a theif
    as you are not the buyer why would any vote you think you should have count ? do not try to make the decision about another persons transaction. you have no right to do so. you opinion is noted but remember it is only your opinion, not a fact. your inferiority complex is also starting to show. can you see it ? i can.....

Intrepid Cat's Eye Hunter tnbar's Avatar

OK I need to add my 2 cents on this matter. I have purchased marbles and cane drips from this seller and the sale went great. No misrepresentation or lying in any way. So that is my 2 cents now don't all be mad at me I am not defending anyone just giving my honest and fair dealings with this seller.
    Thanks
    Terry:

Perhaps everyone involved should take a step back and take a break.
    It seams we have agreed to disagree. As marble buyers if we do not like a product or a seller's business practices AVOID that seller. Name Calling on either side Benefits no-one.

I agree MC
    Thanks
    Terry:

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by tnbar View Post
    OK I need to add my 2 cents on this matter. I have purchased marbles and cane drips from this seller and the sale went great. No misrepresentation or lying in any way. So that is my 2 cents now don't all be mad at me I am not defending anyone just giving my honest and fair dealings with this seller.
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR VERY FAIR ASSESMENT OF OUR TRANSACTION TOGETHER. YOU ARE BUT ONE OF HUNDREDS THAT WOULD SHARE THIS SAME OPINION,BUT ALSO ONE OF THE VERY FEW HERE TO BE FAIR ENOUGH TO OFFER IT IN THIS FORUM. IT IS VERY MUCH APPRICIATED, AND NOTED.
    YOUHAVE2BID2WIN.

I agree to disagree also, and I see youhave2bid2win's point about sales of your auction being affected, but I have to speak my mind the way I see it.......

If known fake gold half eagle coins are being sold by a seller who frequently purchases large amounts of scrap gold, this would definitely throw concern to anyone with this knowledge.

If known fake morgan dollars were being sold by the roll from a seller who also buys large amounts of silver bars then that would raise an eyebrow for me as well.

These last paragraphs have nothing to do with the auction in question or the seller youhave2bid2win:

As sellers I know we have the right to boost sales to maximize the dollars. But if a seller knowingly boosts sales by misrepresentation or gross deception, in my point of view (as a seller and as a buyer) it is then considered shady dealings.

As buyers, I know we have the right to be able to bid and expect to bid with confidence that the item is true and authentic.....as consumers we want to be informed before we make financial decisions (whether a couple of hundred dollars or .50c)..... people have the natural tendency to spot out and warn other consumers of any potential shady dealings.....
    Last edited by chucks_mibs; 12-21-2007 at 03:07 PM.
    -Chuck Jr.

I agree to disagree as well. youhave2bid2win has many happy customers past customers. I was not trying to start a war, just let others on the forum know my thoughts.

I sincerely hope your customer is happy with his purchase, and if not, you will happily provide a refund.

Happy Holidays to all!!!

Let's move on to more pleasent topics....Got a new batch I'm posting in the SCORE forum soon!
    Still learning the game... :help2: :help2:

Just a thought here, and I'll probably get flamed for this too. I am in no way defending this seller. I don't condone outright fraud or misrepresentation in any way, and I'm not even saying that is occuring with this seller. What I would like to know, is who appointed the members of this forum to save the marble world? At what point is a potential buyer absolved of his own accountability with regard to what he buys. This is the school of hard knocks people. That auction has clear pictures, and a cute little history lesson and story. It was out there for a week, which was ample time for a potential buyer to do his required due diligence and educate himself about this item before throwing his money in the toilet. There is more information about marbles out there than there ever has been available in the past because of the internet. This very forum, and the others like it, is an educational tool and a form of entertainment, not the "end all, be all" of marble wisdom. The potential buyer can visit many sites, as well as the local library, or consult another collector. He is solely responsable for his purchase.

I think that if an item is offered for sale, you have the right to either buy it or pass it up, depending on what your own percieved interpretation of the item is. If you are spending a ton of money on something that you are not sure of, or have not taken the time to investigate it, you deserve to take it in the shorts. I do not live my life waiting for someone else to think for me. I can certainly understand a little helping hand or a nudge in the right direction, but this intrusion into someone elses business is over the top.

Bottom line is we live in a world of "let the buyer beware", and love it or hate it, it's capitolism in it's grandest form. I'm not gonna' buy a blue marble with a chicken on it, and I'm sure that if the buyer of that mib comes to find out it's a fake, he won't be buying another one soon. This stuff will shake itself down and eventually police itself, without the aid of good sammaritans. What is happening here can only cast a bad shadow on the good people who make Land of Marbles what it is. It's like tellin' your buddy that his ole lady is doin' the mailman. When he eventually forgives her, and they reconcile, you end up looking like the idiot for gettin' involved.

Just my two cents.

Hear hear let this thread fall by the wayside and give it a rest.
    Thanks
    Terry:

Yep if this persist im going to have to send all involved to the prinipals office....:O)