How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oops      Share

Oops

I'm still grappling with how to keep attachments under control here. Webhosting for December was almost $350, and the great majority of that cost was for overages that are charged at a premium when disk space and bandwidth are exceeded. As I've noted before, the great majority of both are comprised of storing and recalling attachments for and by forum users.

I can't be getting bills like that for long, so I spent a little time today trying to tackle the problem. Long story short, I found over 13,000 attachments on the server. I thought I was viewing 10,000 images over 90 days old, but apparently they were just 10,000 images of mixed vintage, and I deleted them all.

Some were recent attachments that people may now notice are missing. Sorry for the goof. I think I understand now how to do it the right way, and from now on I will seek to retain at least 90 days off attachments.

I'd like to, in time, to invest in a better image management syste, so that people can upload images to their own "albums." I'd like for users to be able to call images from their or other albums into their posts. One magical day

Sorry if I deleted any attachments that were current - please upload them again. I don't know that I did, but I might have...

Re: Oops

Hello Pete, looks like you cleaned it up pretty good. if its alright. i replaced the photos of the cloud marble i posted in the begining of the SCORE section. and i was wondering if it would be alright to delete some of the post i started. that i no longer have photos for. marbles come & go. thanks

of course, you can always edit your own posts at any time for any reason.

Pete, will it help out if we imbed picture links into our posts from photobucket. There are numerous message boards where this is the preferred method of posting pics.
    Mike

"To give anything less than your best, Is to Sacrifice the Gift" -Steve Prefontaine

I think we are all willing to do what ever it takes to make life easier for you, I know I am.
    Still learning the game... :help2: :help2:

well I find that imagecave.com works great and even better than adding pics as Attach Files . Mike

http://imagecave.com/index.asp

it is a free service .