How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Intructions to make marble polishing machine

Polisher Paul here;
    What am I missing?? What does floor polishing have to do with ROUND PLAYING MARBLES??
    Should we dump all our marbles on the floor and try to use the floor machine?
    I get asked to do floors quite often. Funny how one word can mean different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Sorry Leroy, spambots post those messages. The mods and I try to keep the forum clean of spam posts, but they are persistant. I't a never-ending problem at forums, the best we can do is identify and delete them ASAP. You can help by reporting any spam you see using the "report" icon () in the lower left hand corner of each post.

If you are subscribed to a thread, you are going to receive a notice from the forum as soon as a user replies to the thread, including spam. We can't stop that as the forum can't "see" spam, it thinks its normal message. There is a link in your notifying email to unsubscribe from threads if you want that. I am also subscribed to this thread, that is how I knew to come and clean it out. Sorry for the inconveinance. Again, please report spam you become aware of, and I or a mod will clean it up asap. (reporting a post alerts the mods and I to the problem...

I'm absolutely going to order the motors and make one of these. I have all the other stuff in my shop, and even thought about machining some cups on the lathe to do some experimenting. My goal is to repair some old marbles, along with becoming more able to spot polished specimens.

Is there any other info on the net about polishing marbles? Is this machine capable of most of the work needed to fix damaged mibs? I have kilns, torches, and all so Im assuming I wouldn't need anything but this machine to begin learning to fix them?

I would love any more info!
    Thanks!

Howdy, I'm glad to see someone wanting to start reconditioning marbles. Good luck on finding the motors and if you do let me know as I do need some new ones. I am here to help you and please don't hesitate to give me a call at 402-366-9246 at any time.----Leroy-The Marblemender----

Quote Originally Posted by leroy71 View Post
    Howdy, I'm glad to see someone wanting to start reconditioning marbles. Good luck on finding the motors and if you do let me know as I do need some new ones. I am here to help you and please don't hesitate to give me a call at 402-366-9246 at any time.----Leroy-The Marblemender----

Thanks for the info. Are the motors hard to find? On the instructions they seem like they would be pretty easy to find. But I'm sure things changed in the past few years

So far all I can find are these motors for $85. Since I have a machine shop and all the stuff to make these efficiently and build them to quality standards... I considered making 3 or more and see how they worked. But not if I have to spend $250 just in motors!!!! I see 100RMP DC motors everywhere for under $10..... But I don't know enough about electricity to convert that to AC.
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l400..jpg
Views:	94
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	104327  

and they only AC motors I have found around 100rpm's are these

and they are intermittent duty.... meaning I would burn them up running them for hours.

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Electri...TOR-5-1219.axd

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Electri...TOR-5-1572.axd

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Electri...0-5-1731-I.axd

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Electri...TOR-5-1714.axd