How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Let's get rolling...      Share

Let's get rolling...

I was just thinking “What better way to drum some marble show reports than to create a forum dedicated to cultivating them!”

Tada! Welcome to the “Marble Show Reports” forum. Dedicated to what you ask? Now don’t be a smart ***!

Puh-leeze, if anyone within reach of the Internet has been to a marble show lately, don’t just sit there with your mouth hanging open – tell us poor souls who couldn’t be there all about it! Got pics? Who’d you see? What’d you see? What’d you get? Don’t make us wait any longer! Spill the beans!!

Here's a list of upcoming shows compliments of the Marble Mental Board
    2008 (compliments of Al)

Mar 2......Kansas City Marble Crazy!
    Mar 22....Orange County Marble Show, Fullerton, CA
    Mar 29....Greater Baltimore-Washington Marble Show, Perry Hall, MD
    Apr 19.... Texas Marble Collectors, New Braunfels, TX
    May 10...West Virginia MCC, 5th Anniversary Show, Vienna
    June 21-22...Wheaton Village Marble Weekend, NJ
    July 12....Southern Indiana Show, Columbus, IN
    July 16-19...IAMC Show, Tacoma, WA

I copied these dates to our forum calendar:

http://www.landofmarbles.com/phpbb/calendar.php

Anyone can post any marble-related dates to the calendar, so if you know more show dates, please post them!

I'd like to start logging at least one show report following all the shows, and seeing as I can't hope to attend them all, I'm gonna rely on you guys to make that happen. Think we can muster that? I'm pretty sure you guys all love reports about marble shows, so if you're lucky enough to hit one, do us all a solid and tell us about it?

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to some great posts!

(I can also move posts to this forum if it would be apropriate to do that. If anyone knows of other show reports that were posted elsewhere on the forum, tell me and I'll put it here!)

Re: Let's get rolling...

Great idea Pete!

marbleman

Hi Pete, is there a show in Amana this year?
    Scott

Is anyone planning on going to the Baltimore-Washington show? I've never been to a show, and since it's close it'll be a nice first experience hopefully.
    Steve
    "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will." -- Vince Lombardi, football coach

You're asking the wrong dude I never went to that show, don't even know when it is, where it is...

OK, I just looked it up for you.

As per the Calendar of Meets put together by the MCSA, the 31st annual Amana meet will be June 6-7, 2008

For additional Info and table reservations, contact Gary Huxford 319-642-3891. For room reservations, contact Holiday Inn direct 319.668.1175

This flyer doesn't say exactly where it is, someone else will have to volunteer that info. I don't seem to have the latest MCSA mib meet calendar - this one I'm looking at is from July 2007. If anyone has a more recent calendar, I'd appreciate it if they could put the dates up on our calendar:

http://www.landofmarbles.com/phpbb/calendar.php

Or else I'll add them next time I get the MCSA newsletter.

Steve, just realized you mean the Perry Hall Middle School show. As per my MCSA July 07 calendar, the 08 date for this show is March 24. But the info I had the other day said 3/29, so I am unsure.

I am interested in this show too, as I guess it's not too far from me. Has anyone gone? What's it like?

I'd like to go to a show as a "regular" show-goer, not as a dealer. It'd be nice to enjoy a show for once without feeling guilty that I've left my room or table unattended while checking out the other Dealer's stuff

What's this "Middle School" stuff? Is it really held in a high school or something? Seems odd - not te sort of thing most teens are into? What's the deal?

Here's another page with information on the Perry Hall show......sounds interesting, and kinda laid back. I think I'm gonna try to make it.

http://themarbleman.com/perryhall.htm
    Steve
    "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will." -- Vince Lombardi, football coach

I cc:d this page to our Calendar:

http://www.landofmarbles.com/phpbb/c...&day=2008-3-29

I believe all registered users can add events to, and edit the calendar. Please do so!!

Sounds like the focus of this day is on marble play and less on collecting. I'm going to look into it. I'd like to explore "the other side of the coin." I've waned to make it to the National Tournament and never did. There's just so many marble shows and events! LandOfMarbles.com is kinda geared for online sales, and it's a bit disruptive when I take half our inventory, sell half of what I take, then return from a show and dump the remains of the mess on my employees to sort out what adjustments need to be made to inventory, etc. (In order that our site not offer things already sold, and also so that we know when we are getting low on something and need more, we have to maintain strict inventory control around here...)

It takes longer to prepare for and recover from a marble show that the marble show lasts! And this is a one day deal. It sounds different though, I will at least check it out.

If anyone attends, please post a marble show report for us all so we know what we missed, and can use the report to help decide which shows we will attend. I'm sure it will be appreciated! Even if one never goes to a show, it's still great to hear about.

If I go, I promise I'll report on it!

Hi all. I am soooo newbie. I want to go to the March 22 show in OC (Fullerton) but can't find info on address and times. Can someone help me out on this please? How many of ya'all are planning to attend?

Here's the info - hotel rooms are close to being filled up. People start arriving on Wed. so the in-room part should be fun. Message me if you ahve any qwuestions:

March 22, 2008
    Time: 10:am to 3:00 pm

In Fullerton Ca. Hotel - Wyndham Anaheim Park Hotel
    222 W. Houston Ave.
    Fullerton, Ca. 92832
    (714) 992-1700
    { In Room Trading Begins Wed. March 19th and runs daily through the 21st }

Email or call me with any questions or additional info I can send out to you.
    Mike Close
    714-747-5656 Bqmold@earthlink.net

Marble On!

Thank you so much. I'm right here in the OC so will be there for sure.