How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: My time here may be gone      Share

My time here may be gone

I just got news that i may not have internet access,not to long in the future. Higher supervision on the war path,they had to come in over the weekend because of major problems (fire) here with a large boiler at work. Now we all have to pay. They will be watching start and quit times,for hardhats,take away internet access,on an on. So if i am not around as much or at all. This is so everyone will know why.
    It has been a pleasure and maybe i can drop in once in a while on someones computer. I only have super slow dail up where i live,and i cannot go back to that.
    MARBLE ON
    Ron S.

Re: My time here may be gone

That is HORRIBLE news for all here as well as you!! I know that I can speak for many here that your input is very valuable and much appreciated. Jobs are getting scarcer to come by in many parts and you have to do what ever necessary to keep it. I am hoping that your upper management takes a little time to chill out and rethink their harsh decisions. Work moral is important too.
    Kris

Damnit man! I know I am glad every time I see you post. Come by as often as you can. Peace,Galen

You will be missed Ron. Try to find a local library with free internet access so we don't have to wait so long between visits. Thanks for every mib you personally ID'd for me here!! Take care of yourself. I just can't believe we are losing you.

Regards,

Roger

FILLET AND RELEASE FISHSLAYERMARRB's Avatar

Hey Ron,dial up is better than nothing.If you want,you can yell really loud,and Ill post it for you!
    Dont you go anywhere,you are NEEDED here!
    If you didnt have any bad days,you wouldn't know what the good ones look like.
    GRIFF

Hey Ron,

Just in case you haven't researched it, I recently did a Computer-mod for my boss. He is in an area where he only has dial up access. I ordered him a "PCMCIA Adapter" for his Desktop PC, Then he got a "Wireless PCMCIA Card" from his Wireless phone provider, Sprint. It's very fast, like 748+ up and down stream. It's about $35 a month, dsl rates. If you have a tower near you thats always a possibility. Just my 2cents, Hate to see you do without if you didn't know you may have another option.

Dan
    "Aren't the 'good things that come to those who wait' just the leftovers from the people that got there first?"

Ron, that's no good! Hopefully you are able to get the situation rectified. Your knowledge of the WV Swirls is unparalleled. I definitely look forward to seeing you back here soon!

Mike
    Mike

"To give anything less than your best, Is to Sacrifice the Gift" -Steve Prefontaine

Oh that's bad news for this forum.
    Thanks for all the help
    winnie

Come back as soon as ou can! I have learned SOOOO much from your posts on WV swirls!!

Rosalie

Bummer,Ron-you are fabulously helpful,unquestionably! I wish you well in seeking resolution for the dialup deal,but I know how the work thing goes, also.matt

Keep looking for solutions, Ron. There are some good ideas posted here. We definitely appreciate your help on marble ID'ing and keeping us informed on what is happening back in 'marble country'.

Oh, that stinks, Ron! I'm only a newbie but you've already been very helpful to me many times over. I hope the powers-that-be back off and let you have Internet access again soon.

Susan

Hopefully something will change so we don't have to lose such a valued member of this forum. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!
    Kimber

We can't take this sitting down! Somebody do something! I sure hope there is a remedy for all of us.