How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

I played in a marble tournament once...

a long time ago when I was just a youngster. I think the other kid schooled me if I recall. I wonder who's marbles I was using though? I dont have any from the past. I have a vivid memory of playing marbles with a bunch of other kids at this place in town once. Just thought that I would share that awesome story with you all.
    "Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul. You gotta run like an antelope, out of control!"

Re: I played in a marble tournament once...

Very cool!

I remember playing marbles in Albuquerque NM back in the early 1960's. We had leather bags but I don't remember what type. (I also remember collecting wheat pennies, and then hitting the candy store to spend them.:D :D Some of those are worth $$$$ now.)

Most marbles went into the wrist-rocket shooting at birds and squirrels. The other thing we did with them was to put them in an old steel sprinkler-head with a firecracker and use it as a gun. Serious damage, would blow out a window, no problem.

Such is childhood...
    Still learning the game... :help2: :help2:

Hey Schmoozer! Please tell me you MISSED at most of the birds!! Pray tell! OMG Yes, such IS childhood! You never told me how that lot of mibs turned out, the one with a possible superman and a possible blue galaxy, remember???