How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Lightbulb Rules for "Poison" by Luke Myers, 9 years-old

My friends and I play a type of "Poison" game during recess and afterschool. Actually, about 40 of us play in different areas of our yard. I looked up a game called "poison" online, but our game is different.

# of players: 2 or more (alone or in teams)
    playing field: a dirt area with a small hole (one to two inches) in the middle and a starting line on one end
    Rules:
    *The playing order is determined by a practice shot from the line towards the hole. Whoever is closest or makes it into the hole is first.
    *One at a time, each player shoots their marble toward the hole. The first shot is from the line. All other shots are taken from where the marble lands. The goal is to get it into the hole so the the player that makes it in can become "poisoned."
    *Only one player can be "poisoned" at a time (or more if teams ) by landing in the hole. Only the" poisoned " marble(s) can get others out by hitting them.
    *If someone else gets a marble in the hole, they are the new "poisoned one."
    *Other players may hit each other as a part of their strategy.You do get to go again but no one is out. If somehow their marble hits the other marble two times ( if it hits and rolls up a hill and hits the same marlbe while going down) it's called "Double Shots" and you get to shoot your marble two more times.
    *If a non - poisoned marble hits the poisoned marble, the non - poisoned marble is out.
    * The last marble (or team) in play is the winner. They get to keep all the marbles that were in play from the begining (Except at my school we are not supposed to play for keeps.).

You'd be a big help if you can spread the word with
    me and my friends about our fun marble game.:help2:
    Last edited by lukestersmom; 07-12-2009 at 02:41 PM.

Re: Rules for "Poison" by Luke Myers, 9 years-old

Sounds like lots of fun. I see this is your first Post on here.
    Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info on here..
    Joe

Thanks for the instructions! Keep up the fun game playing - sounds like a blast.

Hi Luke and Mrs. Myers. Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed reading the article on Luke and his schoolmates and their enthusiasm for playing marbles. While I'm mainly a collector of vintage marbles, I think its really cool that kids are playing again. I like to shoot every once in a while, but just on the rug at an arch with points on it(you get it in the hole, you get that many points). My wife usually shuts down the operation when she either steps on one, or finds too many under the couch. LOL. This is a nice community of marble people here. Welcome to the board!
    -Dave

My mom always gets mad at me for the same thing,Dave. Thanks for the nice reply.

Luke

Thanks Luke!! This game is new to me. I want to build a marble games archive here with rules to all kinds of marble games, and I'll be sure to include poison.

I'm wondering, where did this game come from? Did you and/or your friends make it up? Or did other kids teach it to you?

BTW, in case you didn't know, Dave is talking about this:

It's a pretty old marble game - players try to shoot through the openings to score points.

Thanks for the info Pete, now I can think about geting that.

Luke

If you decide you'd like one, let me know.

And thank you for agreeing to serve as LandOfMarbles.com's first "Marble Ambassador!"

I will be sending you a supply of LandOfMarbles.com 10 year anniversary logo marbles, marble rules pamphlets, some marbles and some surprises for you as a thank you. Please share them with your friends, and thank you again for helping spread the word about this great hobby and game!

I'd like to get one, Pete. Welcome about the ambassador.

Luke

I sent out a coupl,e of boxes of goodies today - including an archboard. I got so carried away sending you freebies, I hardly left room for the logo marbles and game rules booklets you said you'd distribute. Thanks again, and please let us know what you think of the package

Pete:

When we played poison in 1960s we dug seven holes. A sort of version of "Sorry" (R) game rules. 3 holes were dug and placed on one side about 2-3 feet apart, 3 on opposite side 2-3 feet apart and one center hole. You lagged the marble to closest to a line ot see who went first or swapped turns. You had to shoot successfully into first hole from a set distance and if you went into hole you got another turn, if not then you waited your turn to shoot. Then next player would shoot. Goal was to successfully shoot into all six holes and then into the cneter hole to become "poison" at which time you could shoot the other person on your turn and if you hit their marble you could keep it. Anytime befoe you reached the "poison" hole youy could use your turn to hit the other player(s) marble and send them back to the start. Also once "poison" you could shoot into any hole to get another turn to shoot to get closer to the "victim".

We played this many times when we only had a few marbles to play with!

Don

Cool game! I guess the concept of being poison has been around Makes sense to me now...

Have any of you guys played the game yet? It's really fun.

No, I haven't. I'm an old fuddy duddy. I don't think about actually playing.

Now you make me wish I did.

Sounds like a fun game, I'm going to try it tomorrow.
    marbletube.tk
    ^^be a show off!

I haven't lost my marbles...I think