How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: A JABO Thread by Year      Share

A JABO Thread by Year

While shopping at Pilgrim Glass in 1996 I found some marbles for sale. All were 1 inch. The salesladies said they were marbles made with Pilgrim cullet. I bought a few for Weldon. Later in my trip I made a visit to Reno, Ohio where I found more of them. They were made by JABO. I have never remembered to ask Dave McCullough if he used Pilgrim cullet, but I have no reason not to believe the ladies at Pilgrim. Here are the marbles. They are all one inch.

the same box of marbles under blacklight. The ones that glow orange have manganese in them, the others that glow green are just uranium. I bought the marbles in 1996-97 at Pilgrim Glass and JABO

I neglected to note the year I bought these marbles and I sure don't remember. They are 5/8 inch

These were bought the same year. I know it was in the 1990's. Can anyone help with the year? They are 5/8 inch
    Last edited by sissydear; 08-03-2008 at 11:15 PM.

Re: A JABO Thread by Year

These are one inch and were purchased in 2006. I am told that some of them were from the Dec. 9, 2005 discovery run. I was at the plant in the spring of 2006 and purchased them.

In the fall of 2006 during the Sistersville Marble Festival, we purchased these 5/8 inch marbles.
    Last edited by sissydear; 08-03-2008 at 10:47 PM.

Most of you know that I put JABO's into a flower bed and a lot of the 2006 marbles were there. Recently, I removed them and brought them in. It's hard to know by year if you mixed them together. Unfortunately, they were mixed with other years in that marble bed and when I picked up the pretty ones, I probably picked up some that were not 2005 and 2006. At any rate here they are. If you recognize some from a different year, I would appreciate knowing it.

All are one inch

These one inch marbles are from the fall 2007 run. The bottom row are Budweiser marbles.

These marble are from the 1990's. These are some I forgot to write the year on. They are all 5/8 inch

These are from the same year. Any help on what year would be appreciated.

We watched these one inch marbles being made in 2007. Dave handed the three to us when we were leaving. He said show these to Walt when you get back to Sistersville. He hasn't seen them and won't know what they are. We did. They were so different from the other JABO's that year that Walt didn't know who made them.

Marbles from 2004 5/8 inch

More from 2004

These are 3/4 inch from 2003. I had them spread too far apart for one pic so the next pic is the same marbles showing the same middle portion, but a different end.

I believe these to be the prettiest 3/4 inch marbles Dave made as a classic.

A few of the Jokers our dear friend from Kentucky gave to Weldon. 2008

Madya's 2008

That completes the marbles I have some idea of the year made. I'm going to post some that I neglected to ID by year in hopes that some of you JABO collectors can tell me the year. I won't post all at once.

This is unknown # 2 HELP WITH THE YEAR, PLEASE.

Unknown # 4 I love that third row. Colors are really pretty. Just wish I had written the year on them. Edna

Unknown # 5 The blue white and brown on the top row I like too. Anybody know the year for these?

Unknown # 6 Dave sure made some pretty ones this year. Rows 4 and 5 are nice.

Last unknown These are 3/4 inch

This is a one inch marble sold to me about 1995. It's hard to get a pic. I've tried 3 separate times and it always comes out fuzzy. The marble seems to be cranberry glass with white swirls inside. Several people have told me it's JABO, but I've never seen another one like it.