How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Re: Open letter from David Chamberlain

Quote Originally Posted by 1mibs View Post
    Take it to the yard, knuckle down w/ your 15/16, and You over there do the same.

Back in the day it was only a matter of time before a 9.9 golden rebel was taken out by that 9.9 5-color Popeye. or, or ....

Many advantages/disadvantages when it comes to making that decision to play depending on what end you come out on.

I like to keep marble collection exciting and Soap Operas have an audience too.

Haven't tried to profit on Mibs since I was too young to know different and my car needed gas. A Passion really.

If all this "mayhem" is too much trouble, bright side is to collect Handmades made with 100% twisting talent. (handmade rules, anything else can stank up the ring before they get blasted out ) :biggthump

However, these are some of the best machine made marbles coming off the rollers in decades from what I've seen lately, and the Aventurine is great=.

For now, I'll still enjoy It while the sun shines and somebody wants to play.

OK, I have to ask. Did they really put a 9.9 Golden Rebel and a 9.9 5-color Popeye in the actual ring?

Or were they used as side bets so they didn't take the beating?

Quote Originally Posted by 1mibs View Post
    Take it to the yard, knuckle down w/ your 15/16, and You over there do the same.

Back in the day it was only a matter of time before a 9.9 golden rebel was taken out by that 9.9 5-color Popeye. or, or ....

Many advantages/disadvantages when it comes to making that decision to play depending on what end you come out on.

I like to keep marble collection exciting and Soap Operas have an audience too.

Haven't tried to profit on Mibs since I was too young to know different and my car needed gas. A Passion really.

If all this "mayhem" is too much trouble, bright side is to collect Handmades made with 100% twisting talent. (handmade rules, anything else can stank up the ring before they get blasted out ) :biggthump

However, these are some of the best machine made marbles coming off the rollers in decades from what I've seen lately, and the Aventurine is great=.

For now, I'll still enjoy It while the sun shines and somebody wants to play.
    As I said either earlier in this post...or in another similiar post...Jabos are little mass produced works of marble art made for the collector.
    Akro's, CAC's, Pelts, etc...were little mass produced works of art made to be played with! Hence the difficulty to find a mint Golden Rebel, Flame, and so on and the reason behind the top dollar that they command when they are found in that condition.
    It is different times these days....for instance the US Mint creates Silver, Gold and Platinum bullion proofs in air tight containers for the collector, instead of simply issuing circulated copies of all coins to the general public as they did at their inception they began issuing mint sets.
    In any collecting arena I find the same thing is occuring...companies are creating collectibles to collect....not collectibles to be played with.
    This is not only a problem in the Marble industry but a problem in all hobbies.
    Mike

"To give anything less than your best, Is to Sacrifice the Gift" -Steve Prefontaine

Good question Roger, a couple nice ones made it to my sack worse for wear

Bitter-sweet in a way. not all marbles get through unscathed. Can you imagine lining up a golden rebel with a 5-color popeye and lettin 'er rip?

Haven't seen the Golden Rebel or "big dollar" mibs go out like that, but sometime. somewhere I'm sure they did. Would have been shockin for sure!