How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pile O Slags      Share

Re: Pile O Slags

thanks Edna..

heehee yeah the egg and ox.... it was in the same display, and well, I like it!
    it was another gift from scott (ILOVEMARBLES)awhile back. i'm seeing a trend here Scott!

interesting side note. the big electric CAC and the big orange all came from Jack labbee, and he still has their sisters. not gotten at the same time, but from the same guy, who BTW has one of the nicest marble collections around. he's one of those 'under the radar' collectors. but anyone that knows him, knows he 'got the stuff!' big time!

Thanks for posting them pics! Awesome to say the least. Wondered about the larger purples. Still looking for one that size. Oranges? I wouldn't have believed that 1 incher if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. That mottled greeny kinda matches my mottled amber. I knew them 1 1/4" clears were out there ........still looking. Thanks again for showing!
    Road Dog

I've got a couple photos I asked Gary and BT to share a ways back of 1"er oranges saved (just ask fellas and I will take them down). I like to think of this size/color combo to be the real holy grail of a slag collection, definitely among the rarest out there.

I hear you on the 1-1/4" clears RD I have seen 2 in the last 4 years since I picked up that one from Savannah and 0 purples at that size. I know they were towards the end of MFC's production history but they do seem unreasonably rare compared to how common the other colors are...its a mystery...

-Brad

Beautiful Slags guys....Dani...There are an amazing amount of Slags in that Jar. Don't think I have ever seen that many in my life.
    Mike

"To give anything less than your best, Is to Sacrifice the Gift" -Steve Prefontaine

Just so I stay on topic a bit...pile o slags!

Thanks fer the pics and info Brad. Ever see anything in Aqua over 1 inch?
    Road Dog

Here's one that weighs in at ~1-1/32" just barely over. Has an unusual base color too, its not that real bright aqua color most of them have but its nowhere near cobalt (royal). Again I'm not sure why these are as rare as they are...boxes still exist that held roughly this size (as evidenced by BT) and cardboard is a whole lot less durable than glass. I'd expect there to be a lot more survivors floating around out there.

-Brad

Nice one you have there . I wonder how those 2" monsters were sold? Really Big Boxes? Got a pic of that Aqua with the nice 9 at 11 o' clock in your pile pic?.
    Road Dog

I'm not sure if they ran to #10 but the gift and "traveler's" boxes look like a thin cheese wedge with the point cut off. The sales brochure for MFC lists the #10 as a 12ct. box (9ct. seems like it would have made more sense for a square box).

Here's some shots of that aqua, its a 13/16" transitional of some type and unfortunately has some internal fracturing....gotta love those 9's though!!

-Brad

I believe I could excuse any fracturing on that one. Really nice!
    Road Dog