How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: which is right...?      Share

Play and collect marbles marbles333's Avatar

Question which is right...?

I have done some research and it seems there are so many different ways to play ring taw. which is right? in every version i read there is something i dont understand?

-marbles333

Re: which is right...?

I would guess there are variations on mamy of he marbles games - maybe because of time frame; maybe due to different areas of the country (or countries); also some maybe were copied wrong. Here's the one I had from the Jabo website from a few years ago (not sure if it is still on the site):
    ------------------
    RING TAW: This is one of the best known and most popular of all marble games for a group of players. As with 'INCREASE POUND', two circles are drawn on the ground. The inner circle should be about 1' (30cms) in diameter; the outer should be about 7' (2m) diameter. Each player puts an agreed number of marbles into the inner ring. The order of play is decided and the players take turns to shoot their TAW from any point on the outer ring, at the marbles in the center. Any marbles knocked out of the center ring are pocketed by the shooter and he is entitled to shoot again from the spot where his TAW lies. When a shot is unsuccessful, play passes to the next player and the TAW remains on the ground where it comes to rest, if that spot is within the outer ring. The next player may then shoot at the marbles in the center or at any of his opponents TAWS. If he strikes a TAW, the owner of that TAW has to pay him one marble and he takes another shot. The shooter may not strike the same opponents TAW twice in succession. The game continues until the ring is cleared.

Play and collect marbles marbles333's Avatar

Re: which is right...?

thanks thats like the version i found! thanks again!