How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cool Your Heels!      Share

Cool Your Heels!

"That Girl" is taking a mandatory 1 week vacation from the forum. Time and time again her name comes up tied to some forum-related matter that I don't have time for. Sorry, Steph, that can't be denied. This is an exception to usual practice here, but this is an exceptional case. Steph, you are on thin ice. If you value coming here, you are to dial it down, this has gone on too often, too long to be unfairly singling you out - if you can't play nice, I'm not going to let you in my yard again, last warning. I don't want a rebuttal, I want your name to stop coming up.

Marble On!

Unregistered

Re: Cool Your Heels!

Pete, you say you care about principle. But you take the easy way out.

What has gone on for a solid year is that I have to ignore every offense, and the offenses are numerous. If I complain I'm a nuisance. If I defend myself in the slightest someone whines about me.

Rick and Duffy hound me. I didn't whine to you and report the posts I could have because I didn't want to hassle you. Especially in the holiday season.

But if I stand up to them then bam. Public humiliation. Banned without warning. The end.

I didn't commit any infractions, but so what.

You started the infraction system to stop the sort of banning you did last night. To build in a warning system so that there would be some sort of equity. But still a member of the in-group would have to be absolutely vile to be banned -- for a week.

But if anyone commits an infraction against me, is it registered? No. You shut the whole board down last year rather than deal with an attack on me.

Thin ice? It's just a matter of time, because I am fair game and I have no defense against it at your board.

Well, now I'm gone. Now the people who call your board Land of Morons might start posting again.

id just like to say ive never emailed pete for anything...

Dear Pete,

I too have been harassed in the past by some of these outsiders (although not Rick). If they don’t like you, they will swoop in and start arguing and fighting with you over an Id. If you try to explain yourself it just makes it worse.

You once said that you personally didn’t have the time to read our posts. You’d rather let these bullies tell you what to do by looking at reports towards her? I can show you an overwhelming amount of gracious replies to her help that far outweigh these petty reports. Some are very jealous of all her free time, which she gives to your board. If you were in the middle of any of these fights (before they edit their posts to cover what they originally said to stir the pot) you would think differently I assure you.

You are losing a wonderful person and a great marble teacher in Stephanie over a gang of outsiders who call your place the Land of Morons, please don't let them fool you. If you haven’t noticed, I haven’t been posting here due to the same **** Stephanie has been dealing with. Please re-discover who is really a benefit to your forum and who is not.

Warmest Regards,

Roger A.

I read here more than I post, and Stephanie has always seemed to me to be one of the kinder voices on this site. She did, once point out when I was out of line, but very gently. There are some here that get way to wound up over little balls of glass but Steph has never seemed to me to be one of them. I think you are risking losing a valuable resource and I urge you to reconsider.
    Bruce

Steph has ALWAYS been kind and very giving of her time to me. As have others,,,I am not saying they have not,,, but seems to me Stephs getting the"shaft" in this case.

This is unfounded... Show me post where she has done wrong..Thought there was an infraction system in place to deal with this??? Nothing like not following your own site rules.. This is one of the worst things for this site that has already been going down hill...
    You (STEPH) have always put 110% effort into helping to get proper id's on MIbs and this site is going to suffer without you...
    Sorry Steph...
    Joe

Dear Pete,

Please reconsider banning Steph.

I don't think Steph should be banned. Evidently not everybody understands her. Her research skills alone are worth the price of admission. If folks don't like her whiz kid style- they don't have to read her posts.

I have never seen anybody travel from newbie to knowledgeable know-it-all any faster than Steph did. She seems to be an asset to any of the forums she visits.

Besides, Who else can I get to do my homework?

I'm Hip,

Lloyd Huffer

I don't have read all the posts of Steph but when she did explain something to me she did it good and nicely always very helpfull.
    winnie

Unregistered

Pete, you listen to the wrong people. Steph isn't one of them. She doesn't deserve this. Maybe you should think about banning the "whiners".

I don't post often but read here a lot. This is wrong, Pete. Steph is an asset to this site and I, for one, am really disappointed in the way this is being handled. Bad call; very bad call.
    Barb

Peter,

Amazing!

You allow some of your friends to attack people and then choose not to discipline them. They are popular to you.

It does not matter whether Steph's presentations and/or opinions are popular. What matters on a public forum is that one member not attack another.

I, like many others, recognize the quality and depth of her knowledge. Many of the best marble ID guys recognize her excellence.

Maybe you should reconsider the very aggessive action you have taken and not risk loosing a major contributor who deals in facts-not insults.

I think everyone gets worked up about something or another once in awhile. Maybe everyone was just having a bad week. As I said before I respect everyones opinion on here even if I don't agree. We all learn different ways and have different mentors, views, ideas and yes...we can all be stubborn sometimes. I think Steph does a wonderful job here helping out and I've "done my rounds" with her a few times too but I got over it and looked for the good and forgot about the bad.

Maybe we should all forget about the mistakes and "bad" things that have happened this last week and move on and make this fun again!

Rhonda

I haven't been involved in any of the shinanigans as of recent, although I would like to share my 2 cents.

Everyone on this board has, and is allowed to have different personalities. Some of us are passive, some brash, some easy going, but the point is different personality types can and will create a difference in opinion from time to time.

All of us are adults(at least age wise), and we should be responsible enough to mediate any arguments or disputes that arise between ourselves and another forum member. And too be truly honest if we never disagreed with one another there are a lot of educational threads and positive ID's that quite frankly would never be realized.

I would most certainly like to see everyone keep a cool head about this. Steph is a valuable forum member, and has on many occasions helped us to come to conclusions on some very difficult marbles to identify.

I don't expect everyone to get along all the time, but I don't want to lose any forum members over somethings so ridiculous.

Have a good night all.

Mike A.
    Mike

"To give anything less than your best, Is to Sacrifice the Gift" -Steve Prefontaine

before anyone goes blaming pete for making a 'bad call' or saying he's siding with his friends, take note that (with the exception of lloyd) the people in this thread who have defended steph are not experienced enough to know whether her 'help' is truly helpful or not.

just because someone goes around making comments like "No one has looked harder at this marble then me" and "i felt the need to correct you", it doesn't necessarily mean they are as knowledgeable as they would like you to believe.

and just because someone keeps insisting that a certain group of people is out to get them, it doesn't necessarily mean those people are lurking in the wings reporting them at every turn. in fact, they are not.

and finally...be wary of people who toss out inflammatory, sh*t-stirring comments like "Now the people who call your board Land of Morons might start posting again" which only serve to divide and distract.

i'm not saying any decisions were right or wrong, but there were some insinuations and assumptions made here that "i felt the need to correct".