How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 62

Thread: Cool Your Heels!      Share

  1. #31
    Stephanie
    Guest

    Re: assumptions out the ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Oh, sorry I mean
    Hi Sturtz!
    You still posting from the library?



    Quote Originally Posted by tankgrrl29 View Post
    ironically, it's steph's "pals" who have swooped in to bitterly join her attack, repeating the same myths and making the same insinuations.

    seems no matter how hard we 'old timers' try to "play nice" with steph, we're still accused of being elitists or exclusionary or part of some imaginary conspiracy. it's really gotten old.

    You are not an old timer Chris. You have been collecting for two years longer than I have. Lizzy for one year longer than I have.

    I have earned the respect of many people in the marble community.

    My friends haven't swooped in. Your friends take potshots at me on a regular basis. I try very hard to keep things to marble-related matters. I often put extra time into my posts to try to sidestep the most irrational parts of other people's posts. I felt I had earned enough capital to cry bullsh*t this time around. I guess not. At least not in Pete's mind.

    He knows how out of control Rick can be. And he knows how vitriolic certain of your friends can be. And he knows that you are a past master at sh*t-stirring. Yet he chooses to forget this for the sake of convenience. It is easier to say, "oh no, not Steph again". Well, I'm not ashamed of me. It's kinda cool to be Steph sometimes.

    If he has eyes, he should be able to see from this thread that I have many supporters for reasons other than "friendship". And there are a lot more people who support me from whom he won't hear, because they don't mess with this stuff.

    You have discounted all the people who have posted on my behalf in this thread. Your first message basically said nobody counts except Lloyd. And he doesn't count because he's only one voice -- since no one else counts.

    But I have support. I try to do the right thing, and it has been noticed by people you respect. Maybe one day you will notice, and will honestly try to play nice. But if you don't, it's not something which will keep me up at night. The real old timers? Their opinions I care about, and I count several of them among my supporters and, yes, my marble friends. You are my peer -- my marble contemporary -- whether you acknowledge it or not.



    Galen, I agree that Pete has the right to do what he wants with his board. If he keeps up a pretence of caring about principle though, then he should be expected to be called on it. He said my banning was done against his rules because this is an unusual situation. If he looks at the times when people have been demerited or banned in the last year, I think he'll see that little if any went according to his rules. None of the bannings I saw did.

    No, this is about politics and impromptu decisions and whatever is easiest. If he wants to run his board that way, again, it's his right. Just be honest about it.



    And don't expect others to honor his rules if he won't. Little things like that.



    Whoever has assumed that the unregistered post immediately after Galen's before this one was Steve or myself is showing the validity of their assumptions. The person who made the post wrote me afterwards. It wasn't Steve. And it wasn't me.



    I'm a pretty cool person. Too bad you and your closest marble friends don't know it. Pete, kick me off forever if you want. The shine has definitely worn off your board. I'd keep posting here if you let me, and on occasion I might find a way to post anyway. There are a few posts I wanted to respond to two days ago because a couple of bad/incomplete i.d.'s were made. They weren't fixed yesterday. I don't know about today because I haven't read anything other than this thread and the Poor Richard's almanac thread. Sometimes it seems as if facts don't matter too much to you, but yeah, sometimes it'd be fun for me to show when I know things your favorite posters don't. Coz sometimes I do.

    If we all worked together, we could get a lot done. I'm willing.

    Some other people aren't.

  2. #32
    dump dog duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    duffy,ohio on the ohio river
    Age
    68
    Posts
    606

    Re: Cool Your Heels!

    it haint life or death if a 50 cen t marble gets properly ided.and yes ron did "fix" the one yest was a a;lley instead of an cairo...can you be reall positive about a wv swirl...nope ya cant ive seen ron,who ive know for 10 years or so say its either this or that...it haint no big deal...they was all made outta the same glass and most of em made by a machine made by the same guy.....its no fun to see a foot long post with graphs and diagrams etc...at least not for me.....youre obsessed with it...it looks kinda weird sometimes. you wont take the week off and let us play...it was nice yest to banter and discuss that mib....you dont hafta post on everything ...i got an idea...why not start your own board.....youre relentless and bullheaded....cant you slow down and enjoy and let others enjoy these boards without being schooled constantly...if youre offended sorry..youre not even supposed to be hear readin this...

  3. #33
    Stephanie
    Guest

    Re: assumptions out the ...

    Quote Originally Posted by duffy View Post
    it haint life or death if a 50 cen t marble gets properly ided.and yes ron did "fix" the one yest was a a;lley instead of an cairo...


    More assumptions. You aren't talking about the same marbles as I was. You're adding more evidence to my case.



    Quote Originally Posted by duffy View Post
    its no fun to see a foot long post with graphs and diagrams etc...at least not for me.....

    I don't put a whole lot of thought into what's fun for you, since too much of your fun seems to involve making fun of me. Our mutual friends tell me you're an okay guy. I take their word for it. Have to. You don't show that side of yourself to me.

  4. #34
    Registered User tankgrrl29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    433

    Re: Cool Your Heels!

    Stephanie…

    Owning a jar of marbles you thought were ‘pretty’ before you sold them on ebay, and then lurking on a marble board for a year doesn’t count toward your time being a marble collector. You can’t have it both ways, Steph, accepting compliments for being the “newbie savant” and then trying to say you’ve been around as long as others when it suits your argument.

    But for the record, when I used the term “old timers” I was referring to board membership, not my time in the collecting community as a whole.

    Also for the record….I did not discount the opinions of those who posted in this thread before me. I’ve said several times that their opinions are valued, and I meant it. I was merely attempting to point out in a diplomatic way that people who depend on you for information have no way to gauge how valuable that information is – and that it’s dangerous to defend it blindly especially when the voices of more experienced collectors continue to be discounted by you. I apologized for not conveying that in a more sensitive way.

    You seem to have overlooked the fact that I did not share my own opinions regarding your banning, your marble skills, or your level of “coolness”. Yet I’ve been attacked openly by your friends who have insinuated – as you have – that me and “my friends” are behind your banning. I haven’t been on this board for 2 months prior to teach’s stumper thread, when someone asked my opinion on the marble. I have no idea what prompted your banning, and as I stated in my first post, I have no knowledge of whether it was fair or not.

    You keep saying “your friends” this and “your friends” that, as if your saying it proves a conspiracy exists. I am not responsible for arguments you get into with people who happen to be my friends. My friends argue with me and argue with each other – how do you explain that? Could it be that our opinions are formed INDEPENDENT of our friendships?

    I wish you could say the same, but the unprovoked attacks against me in this thread which have NOTHING to do with my actual words and EVERYTHING to do with your friendships – as well as your paranoid attacks on Pete - belie the fact that you are in no way looking at this rationally.

    Stop playing the martyr and accept responsibility for the way people respond to you.
    Last edited by tankgrrl29; 01-15-2009 at 05:21 PM.

  5. #35
    Registered User tankgrrl29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    433

    Re: assumptions out the ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    You're adding more evidence to my case.


    i forgot how futile it is to try to get through to you, steph. please ignore my last post...

  6. #36
    Registered User hipocritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    25

    Re: Cool Your Heels!
















    I'm Hip,

    Lloyd

  7. #37
    Super Moderator lstmmrbls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Vallejo CA
    Age
    65
    Posts
    14,219

    Re: Cool Your Heels!

    I believe posting as a guest after being given a time out probably shouldn,t be going on. Although I do understand your need to try and defend yourself. And maybe you tried to take the high road before you certainly are far from it now. Peace,Galen

  8. #38
    It's All Good!! MC Marbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,056

    Re: Cool Your Heels!

    I realize I am a relatively new member of this and other boards.
    I am sure there is a great deal of "history" I am not privy to.
    For the greater good of the board & marble collecting could the current "Combatants" please agree to disagree & walk on???

    If Pete once again gets tired of Babysitting the board, he may shut it down.
    That would be a tremendous loss to many here who are trying to learn.
    Myself included.

    Your actions may have an impact on many who are not involved.
    As Always,
    Mark


  9. #39
    I Torch Jabo's Madmanmarbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Jonesboro Ga.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,702

    Re: Cool Your Heels!

    Has anyone seen any marbles around here ???

  10. #40
    Marble Crazy Gracie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fowler, Indiana
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,674

    Re: Cool Your Heels!

    Here ya go!
    Rhonda

  11. #41
    I Torch Jabo's Madmanmarbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Jonesboro Ga.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,702

    Re: Cool Your Heels!

    Flame first picture upper right... Sweet...
    Now that it worth talking about...
    Thanks

  12. #42
    Marble Crazy Gracie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fowler, Indiana
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,674

    Re: Cool Your Heels!

    That's my shameless eBay plug .
    Rhonda

  13. #43
    I Torch Jabo's Madmanmarbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Jonesboro Ga.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,702

    Re: Cool Your Heels!

    it's not a shamless ebay plug without a link....????
    Can we say Highjack...

  14. #44
    Almost done with marbles catfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    BAKER, MONTANA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    5,182

    Re: Cool Your Heels!

    Yep, its a highjack. And no matter how appropriate it may seem, its disrespectful to the OP and the others that have kept it on track. IMHO

    We had this same situation/discussion/problem a few months ago. Hopefully something/someone will change. Not likey, but hopefully. Last time it lead to a fantastic marble board however....hmmm.

    Derrick

  15. #45
    Marble Crazy Gracie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fowler, Indiana
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,674

    Re: Cool Your Heels!

    That was a nonchalant diversion that may or may not be appropriate LOL
    Rhonda

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy
Wish List Order History Links Contact Us


WARNING! CHOKING HAZARD
Marbles should not be given to children under 3 years of age.

Reproduction of any portion of this website, including images, design or content,
by any means, is prohibited without express written permission from LandOfMarbles.com

© LandOfMarbles.com, all rights reserved. Development by ADS