How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you play marbles?      Share

Do you play marbles?

Just wondering, if you are a marble player, can you tell us where you are from? I'm asking everyone reading this message

Re: Do you play marbles?

Alpharetta, Georgia, USA repreSENTin'!

How old are you? If you don't mind my askin'

Am 47, but have not had my birthday yet this year.

And still playing marbles? Right on!

Our family is learning how to play. I found a book 101 ways to Play Marbles. It has easy to follow directions and some visuals, which help me out. I have a hard time shooting though, bad aim definitely. My soon to be six year old son loves playing all the different games and he too is trying to get used to shooting correctly. The younger kids pretty much roll the shooter or try and pick up all the marbles we are playing with. We are all enjoying playing with marbles, haven't gotten dad involved yet.

Yes with my 9 years old grandson,I learn him some rules that I remember and he learns me some tricks and rules that I was forgotten,it's a lot of fun and in the end it became some sort of a new came.
    The only difference is I don't play it outside now these days (don't want to give people a shock LOL).

Here in Amsterdam Holland kids do play with marbles every spring in spite of all the video cames.
    winnie

cool posts - thanks everybody for sharing

The genteel way to play. What do you think, are they kneeling or sitting, or some combination?

(click to enlarge)

At home at her portable ring Lady Docker knelt to play, but she knelt into "deep pile rugs". Anyone play at elevated tables? just wondering. . . . . . . some thoughts for oldsters who might want to test their knuckles but not their knees. :-)

i still play...when kids are around we play on the floor...when just us old timers we play on the pool table....
    A bird does not sing because he has an answer, he sings because he has a song.

AKA Dumas Walker purgatorybound's Avatar

I am 23 years old and I barely remember playing Marbles with my grandad. I am starting back now and I figure a marble collection will also help keep me out of trouble for a while I'm from Louisiana by the way.

Welcome!! OK, is everyone going to subject purgatory to the same ribbing I got years ago when I came on the scene at the tender age of 26 or 27?

Purgatory is 23!!! You're a relative baby! I can tell you though, I am a collector at heart, if I can find 3 of something, hey, I'm starting yet another collection! In 39 years of collecting, marbles have been the top collectible for me, hands down. I have enjoyed collecting marbles more than anything else. And that due in equal parts to the marbles themselves, and the marble collecting community - you'll find quite a few of these people are something special!

BTW, what's your name? Welcome!!

I'm Cody. And a little ribbing now and then is healthy. You gotta have a sense of humor

Well I hope you find it as enjoyable as I have. If you've got questions, please feel free to come here to ask us. As I like to say, this forum is full of experts and totally lost newbies, many of whom will love to help you figure out what it is you find. Identifying marbles is half the fun.

Thanks again Pete! Since we are on the subject here... is there any organized marble tournaments that you know of for people my age? All of the ones I can locate online are for children only