How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Calling all Mega Marbles Collectors

Pete:
    A color sheet came with the black and white price sheet. It has Vacor as well as Mega on it and I don't know if it is the same date . The Glitter Asst. is shown as well as the Sparkle Asst. (didn't get the name in the pic.).
    If you can use these two pieces in your research library, just give me a USPS address and they will be on their way.
    Nancy

Vacor 2000
    paula

Vacor 2001
    paula

Vacor 2002
    paula

Vacor 2003
    paula

Paula, are you shrinking those down to post? If you have larger originals, can you email them to me at "marbles AT landofmarbles DOT com"?

Thanks everyone, this is great

Pete:
    I would like to give you the ORIGINAL 1994 price list by mailing by way of the USPS. There would be no charge. I am not having any success with my scanner/email right now.
    This would be my small donation to the LOM research library. If you could pm your address, I'd be glad to do that. If you prefer not to give it out, I could send it to either Al or Galen and I'm sure they could get it to you.
    Nancy
    pollyestr2

Pete, nope, i'm not shrinking them. typically, your browser will shrink images to fit inside the window, but you can increase the size to 'actual' size:

first, when you click on the thumbnails, they will open inside a black frame. click on the image to get rid of the black frame.

then, if using Firefox as a browser, you should see the cursor turn into a magnifying glass with a plus inside. if there's a +, click again and the image should open up full size (the mag glass will now show a minus - inside).

if you're using Internet Explorer as a browser, make sure the browser window is all the way open and move your cursor to the lower right corner of the image. you should see this pop up. click on and the image will enlarge to actual size.

if you can't get either to work, or you're using another browser, let me know.
    paula

Nancy, I did emsail you my address - maybe you don't have your current email registered with the forum?

Can you please email me at "Pete AT landofmarbles DOT com" and I wil;l tell it to you again?

I printed my email "in code" so spambots won't pick it up when they scan the forum. In case you don't get it, replace AT with "@" and DOT with "." and run all the text together with no spaces. Thank you so much, this is like gold to me right now!!

Wow Paulas, you know this forum better than I do!

Pete, If you need any physical cardboard headers from Mega nets for the past 3-4 years only (since I started collecting), pm me your USPS address and I will mail them to you. I knew I was saving them for something, but I never knew exactly what. I love Mega's bold colors and styles, and the affordability. Good luck in your quest for knowledge.

I do not have time to read all the previous posts so I may be duplicating some information already provided but I do have examples of all five(5) of the marbles that you have specifically enquired about:

GLITTER - these came with an opaque white body and a single color frit applied to the surface. Red, Yellow, Green and Blue.

SPARKLE - an opaque white body again but multi-colored frit. The frit was Red, Green and Yellow.

MINT - a transparent mint green with white broken corkscrewing swirls throughout as well as right at the surface.

DALMATIAN - just as you've described.....white opaque body with spackling all over of black and in some cases splotches of it. Not frit-like.

BLOODY - Th factory called it BLODY with one 'o'. White opaque with orange swirl.

All of the above are 5/8". If they came in larger sizes I do not have them.

Hope this brings some resolution to the matter. David Chamberlain

Hi David, glad to see you made it back on here

I suspect you are talking about marbles that came from Vacor? I'm sure the majority of the time (if not all the time) the names used by Vacor were also used by Mega. But to be sure my info is as accurate as it can be, I am getting all the info I can from Mega Marbles materials/sources before I resort to using Vacor info.

I'm guessing you are talking about marbles from Vacor? Mega called their marble Bloody with 2 O's. Like I said, there's probably an excellect chance they are one and the same style, but I'm still going to try to get my hands on the Mega Marbles catalog or bag that contains them before resorting to the Vacor marble.

Also, I don't believe I ever asked about one called "Mint?" I *know* that's not MM distribution, which again leads me to think you are referring to Vacor types.

I want to confirm that the great majority of MM marbles were distrubuted using the equivalent English name of the Vacor name before I start presuming it to be the case. You might know that to be the case already, but I'm trying to be a reliable and responsible researcher, and confirm all I can first-hand before relying on second-hand info.

Do you have any of the Mega Marbles categories? I know Ron Garcia just gave 5 boxes of "marble history" to a contact of mine, but she will not have opportunity to go through it for me until next week. I have high hopes the catalogs I need will be in there, but until I know for sure I am continuing to pursue every lead until I have exhausted them all. I know there's a good chance you may have something that can help me, but I guess I neglected to specifically ask for Mega materials, so I am now...

Would you have anything? Or is all your material right from Vacor?

Thanks!!

Hi,

All my marble names are strictly Vacor and are on the template provided by the factory with the two Factory Sample Sets that I am operating from. They were sent directly to Marilyn Barrett and myself in the 1990s, one predominantly 1980s marbles the other 1990s marbles.

I'd send you samples of the five in question but I really can't break up the sets!

Again the Blody(Vacor name) is opaque white with orange swirls. Rather plain actually.

I do resort to using MM names when talking about the bags which you have occasionally been kind enough to bestow on me.

David

The reason why I am collecting Mega info, and not Vacor is that I sell the Mega Marbles, so that's what those customers know - The great majority of them never even heard of Vacor (Now Fabricas Selectas; VDM went out of business is 2005 and Fabricas Selectas bought the remains) - that's a detail that only interest collectors. From a collector standpoint, the manufacturer of the marbles is of utmost importance.

I'm documenting marbles repacked under the "Mega Marbles" brand, which was started with "Mega Marbles/Vacor USA" and continues with "Fabricas Selectas USA"