How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Disappearing Replies      Share

Disappearing Replies

Hi Pete,

I am concerned that some of my posts are being removed. I have made several posts over the last week and I have noticed that they have not been there when I go back to the tread. These are not "new thread" posts, they are "feed-back" posts. Specifically I made two yesterday and I see they are not there this morning. Are they being deleted? If so let me know if I am doing something wrong and I will stop: ie content. I think I am doing everything right from my end with respect to pressing the right buttons to respond to someones post so the only thing I can think of is that they are being removed from an administrator. Thank you for looking into this matter. Let me know if you need to know specifically what I replied to last night so you can track down what is going on.
    waYne

Re: Disappearing Replies

It's not my policy to delete posts. Have you seen the completed post on the forum after posting, only to come back later and find them gone?

I checked the activity log back to November 20 2009, and no threads have been removed, unless they were spam posts. Something else is going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It's not my policy to delete posts. Have you seen the completed post on the forum after posting, only to come back later and find them gone?
    I usually do see the completed post after entering it but I can't recall for sure on these two incidents. Thanks for looking into it though.
    waYne

hanks for whatever work you did looking into this. Don't know if you solved anything or not but the problem seems to have disappeared. I will let you know if it re-occurs. More than likely it was me not using the system right.
    waYne

Maybe sometimes you "preview" your post and think you have submitted it, but then forget to actually click on the "submit" button. I do that sometimes.

Susan

Thanks Susan, probably something along those lines because it hasn't happened again and I am being more carefull with what I touch as far as key board and buttons.
    Wayne
    waYne

A thread disappeared today in the ID section. Digswithstick posted it. I answered. Then it disappeared.

Yes the whole post disappeared ,and one more i reposted because it disappeared as well .I have e-mail reply from first post .I did not delete post .

I saw nothing amiss in the forum's activity log. I searched the vBulletin forum for "disappearing threads" and found only one thread about a user missing whole ranges of threads. Didn't sound like the same prob, but I tried rebuilding the thread and forum counters as suggested. Did anything reappear?

Hopefully this will become a moot issue soon, as my webhost finally migrated LOM.com to a new server (with no downtime, alleluia) so we can run the latest version of PHP needed for vBulletin 4 Publishing Suite Gold, which is now queued to be installed. I understand the new package comes with some new bells and whistles, better spambot control, blogging capabilities and what have you.

Hopefully not much of a learning curve for those just interested in using the forum as usual, and there will be some toys for those inclined to use them...

So LMK if the thread is still missing please?

At least one of Digswithstick's threads - the original thread where I answered about his blue and green swirl - is still missing.

He reposted the thread here, and quoted my missing answer. However, I still do not see the original thread.

Hmmm...

I guess how I approach this will depend on vB's response re: my install of vB Gold. No point in knocking myself out over this if the forum is due to be upgraded. The upgrade was pending my migration to a new server. Yesterday I learned that had been accomplished, I told vB we are ready for the upgrade, and I am waiting on the reply. If the new forum is imminent there's no point in fixing what is wrong here, as this forum is on it's way out.

FYI, all content is to be migrated to the new platform so albums, avatars, threads, users, etc. should all move to the new platform.

So give me a couple of days to hear back, and if anything else at all disappears, please post it here. I get a notice whenever anything is posted in this forum, so I can stay on top of probs.

I just posted a guinea with lutz id post and it's gone.
    Rhonda

I posted at the vB forum advising of the trouble reports I'm getting. Said I couldn't find a similar problem searching the forum, and is there anything I can do?

I also opened up a support ticket saying I purchased vB 4 with professional install, which was held up because I had to upgrade PHP on my server. The upgrade has been done, and I am ready to proceed with the install ASAP.

Sorry. I seem to find myself dealing with a never-ending string of problems over here. I will get things sorted out ASAP.

I know threads disappearing after you put the effort into creating them must be endlessly frustrating. I apologize and am on this. Migrating this forum is currently job #1, this has dragged on long enough...