How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't enlarge thumbnails      Share

Can't enlarge thumbnails

I am unable to see enlarged photos from the last post. I also have to click reply repeatedly to get to the reply to thread page. I had to quick reply to the message in the main forum. Just checking to see if I can see pix I upload. I can't enlarge these either.
    Pat

Re: Bug List

flanco, do you mean that when you click the "attached thumbnails" in a post, they don't display at a larger size?

Are you using Internet Explorer? From what I understand, there are some issues with the new forum being blamed on IE. Not too happy about that, I can't control what browser people use. Then again, I did give up on IE myself a few monthes back. Windows Vista wanted to upgrade to IE8, which I let it do, then I found out a feature of a site I use often no longer worked, and I was told it was because of IE8. I switched to Mozilla FireFox, and holy cow is it better! It's faster, it remembers all my passwords and a million people can't be wrong - it's all around better!

The forum seems to default to using the "Quick Reply" to reply to a thread. You have to "go advanced" to see the familiar form. Some issues seem to be a matter of getting used to a new normal. The usual style template is incompatible, so the forum looks very unfamiliar. I am working on changing that first thing...

Exactly, when I click on the photos I get a little tv set looking thing that says "picture loading" then a black screen. When I try to scroll down to see if there is a picture lower down, I get redirected back to the forum. I am running Firefox on a Mac.
    Pat

That "tv set looking thing" is called a light box. The screen is grayed out except the contents of the light box, drawing attention to them.

Is anyone else having this problem? First thing I need to do is establish this isn't only happening to one person (If it is, the techs will blame it on that person's set-up). If anyone else sees this, please reply here, and let me know what browser you use (and if a Mac).

Pat, do you see the thumbnails OK, just can't see the full-size versions in the light box?

Re: Can't enlarge thumbnails

Pete, I can see the thumbnails fine. When I click on them I get a black screen with the "light box" in the center, there is a little icon for loading in the center and then everything goes black. The enlarged photos cannot be viewed. There is a scroll bar on the right side, on some other sites some photos show up lower than others so you have to scroll down to see them. When I do that here I go back to the forum post I was vewing.
    Pat

Re: Thumbnails won't enlarge

I have found that if I click in the center of the image loader thing while it is still spinning I get to the enlarged photo. However, I can only do this once. After the first time I don't get the loader just the black screen. Is it just me or is anyone else having a problem???

Thanks
    Pat

I can't find a control...there's so much in my admin panel, I can never find what I want!! Are you familiar with vB Feelin?

Pat, this seems to be affecting you, but not other users. I'm guessing this process (clicking attached thumbnails to see the enlarged imaged) was working for you pre-upgrade? Please LMK

(Also pat, I merged your other post re: this issue to this thread so I can better track issues needing my attention...)

I am not familiar with vB Feelin. The new photo set up seems to work much the same as the one on Lou's MC board. I don't see the loader, but the screen goes black and a little star thing spins in the center of the screen and the photo appears. Sometimes there it is below line of sight and I have to scroll down to see it, but it works fine over there. Here, I get the scroll bar on the right but no photo and if I try to scroll, I get redirected to the original thumbnails in the post. If I remember to click on the loader in time, I can see the photos, but it only works once for some reason. After I have seen them or if I miss clicking the first time, I can no longer get to them.
    Pat

Problem solved!!! I just updated my OS from Mac 10.3.9 to 10.5.8 that allowed me to update to the new Firefox and now the pictures work fine. It was me all along. Thanks for looking into it for me though.
    Pat

That is a relief!!