How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't upload pictures      Share

Can't upload pictures

when I use the manage attachments button there appears my pictures which I posted at LOM in the past,
    I can't upload from my comp-.
    winnie

Re: Can't upload pictures

It's changed, but it does work. At the top of the new upload form it says "1. Click Add Files to upload new files or select from existing files below." At the right end of that text is the "add files" button. Click there to upload new pics from your computer. Immediately below it shows images you have already uploaded. If you want to reference a pic used earlier, you can just drag and drop it from the thumbnail to the empty area beneath, containing the text "2. Drag previously uploaded files into this area to attach them."

If you click the "Add files" button, the newly uploaded pic is automatically added to area 2, and/or you can drag/drop previously uploaded pics there.

I'm guessing there isn't a problem, it's just different and takes a minute to figure out. I think it is an improvement on the old form, there's just a little learning curve, not a big one, promise!

winnie, are you still having trouble uploading pics? If anyone is having trouble uploading, please LMK

No troubles anymore,with your explanation it was easy to do,thanks.
    winnie

Pete I'm trying to upload some pics but it says it's to big for the thing, I need help
    Always have been and always will be Luke.

“Do or do not... there is no try.” -Yoda

Really big images are blocked so they don't eat up all my storage space. If you are trying to attache a picture, and the forum says it is too big, you need to make the image file size smaller. You can do that several ways...
    • "Crop" the picture - cut away the picture that is not actually the part you want to show
    • "Resize" the picture to make it smaller, 300x300 pixels for example, instead of 1000x1000
    • "Compress" the picture when you save it, to make a smaller file, even if the pic is the same size

I use a combination of all three. I crop away all but the subject, resize (usually so the widest side is 300 pixels), and compress when I save it, usually at about 75% of it's original size. The resulting image is hardly degraded at all, but is a lot smaller so it doesn't take a lot of room.

I have school this week for my job, so I hope someone else here can help if you still need it. Or maybe a friend good with computers can help you?

Thanks Pete for the help, maybe now I can post my new marbles and the ones I need help on ID.
    Always have been and always will be Luke.

“Do or do not... there is no try.” -Yoda

alan c
    new to buying marbles been buying and selling for years just bought this large lot i think they got me can you folks tell me if these are any good or if they are new junk any info would be helpful good or bad thanks in advance alan