How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: My First Marble Show!!!!      Share

My First Marble Show!!!!

Whoo Hoo!! Today I went to my first marble show and, boy was it fun! I went to the Orange County marble show.
    I got some Benningtons, some slags, an Agate, clays, a limestone, and a fiber-optic.
    My sister even got some marbles!!
    She got a bottle of 100 cool marbles. There were slags, Jabos, but the rest i don't know what they are.
    Oh, and i also got a old marble shooter. I'll get pics in later.

I also saw Carl Fisher. I saw lots of stuff Pete sells on LOM plus some other cool stuff.

Just wanted to share my excitement with you all...
    Always have been and always will be Luke.

“Do or do not... there is no try.” -Yoda

Re: My First Marble Show!!!!

Totally awesome. Sounds like a blast!

I'm so excited for you Luke! There's nothing like that first marble show! I'm sorta jealous, because I never played marbles as a kid, and I can only imagine how neat it must be to cross over from marble playing to marble collecting. I never did, but a lot of the older collectors here did play marbles as a kid, and I'm guessing it only makes collecting that much more fun. I get a thrill from the beauty of marbles, but people like yourself have that, plus it brings back memories of all the games and friends marbles led too.

Was Carl nice? I haven't met him in person. Did you go to the show one day, and see the tables set up? Did you also have a chance to do any "room-hopping?" A lot of the dealers are there the whole weekend, and so they leave the door to their rooms open and you can walk around the hotel the day or two before the show itself and the dealers will be set up in their rooms. It's a less hectic time, so there's a better chance to get to really look, even hold and examine really rare marbles that are super hard to find, and talk to the dealers about marbles.

Did I ever send you a marble Suitcase? If you're collecting, you should have one, because collectible marbles can get ruined really fast if they aren't protected - they will damage each other if you just store in a pouch or jar. I'm actually making an all-new freebie marble right now. It's still the Golden Rule, but the words are around the "equator" like the old style from the 60's, but the words are put inside the marble with a laser, just like the kind I sent you before.

Allin-all, awesome Luke! So glad we connected and I could infect you with the collecting bug! I've enjoyed collecting marbles a great deal. I've collected lots of things over the years, but marbles are my favorite!

Hey Pete, I only went to the day they had the tables set up on the 20th because it's a 2 hour drive from home to the Show and it was part of our vacation trip.

Well Carl seemed nice and looked nice, but I didn't talk to him, but I talked to another person at his table. My mom said he was very friendly. He smiled the entire time. Just a little expensive for me right now. I loved the flame marble that it was guaranteed not to chip, crack, or break...but it was $75. Someday...

Me and my dad were thinking of a way to protect my marbles, so we think we'll order one from you, what do you suggest?

I can imagine the marbles, I think they'll be pretty cool. Everybody thought the other "freebie" marble was awesome. My principal thought they would make great prizes for the students.

When my mom mentioned your name most of them knew who you were. They thought that it was cool that you helped me start my collection. Thanks for helping me, Pete.

I'll send you a marble suitcase Luke. I really appreciate that you give my info out for me. I can track who cashes in your coupon code, and lots of people have, so it's the least I can do! I will also send you some of the new freebies when they arrive, and a new supply of cards with a new coupon code. I'm putting the finishing touches on about 100 new products right now! I expect to add most of them in a few weeks.

I also have quite a few Carl Fisher prototype marbles made in 2006. These were unsigned prototypes produced during 2006 as he perfected his craft. I'll find a nice one for you!

Please helkp us spread the word about marble collecting too! I hope you are as successful spreading the word about marble collecting as you have been about playing!

Cool Pete! thanks! I can't wait to organize and protect my marbles. My dad said that he wants to order more cases when he can.
    I would love to have a Carl Fisher marble. I am thinking of starting a new part of my collection with hand-made marbles.
    I can't wait to see the new products! I love checking everything out. At the marble show they were impressed with the flashlight that you sent.
    Thanks for making the new coupon cards. I'll be sure to pass them out. Actually, I was thinking of entering my marble collection at the Ventura county fair in August. Do you think that I can pass out the cards while I am there?
    Thanks again Pete! I hope that I can get others excited to collect and play!

Luke

Here are two pics, i have more but can't put on yet.
    I don't know what these are yet.
    Attachment 81180
    A very old agate.
    Attachment 81181

Try posting at the marble ID forum for help with what you have. The bottom one looks like a nice banded agate! I love those - do you know how to tell if it is hand ground?

I would love for you to hand out my cards at the county fair! I expect to have the new marbles by then and you can give them out with the cards. I would appreciate that very much, thanks Luke! I'll also send you a suitcase and a few surprises So glad you enjoyed the show, it really makes me very happy! I have to go to "grown-up school" today, yuck, so boring!!

Well, it says if it's hand ground, it will have facets, and it has them alright.

Cool, Pete. Thanks. When it gets closer to County Fair time I talk to you more about how and what I should display. Today I have to go back to school,too, from being home for a week for spring break.

I wondered who that was with the GIANT smile on their face - now I know!

Were you at table 1? You had so many cool marbles! It was pretty amazing that you were able to set up the show! There was so much to see that I don't think I even got to talk to each person at the tables. Maybe next time I will get to and maybe even get to go early for the trading. I wish that there was another show in Southern California so I didn't have to wait until next year.

Yes it was me and I hope you spend more time with these wonderful, smart collectors/sellers. Also, stop by and say hi to me too!

I thought about Luke recently.

Wondered if he still liked marbles.

Quote Originally Posted by That Girl View Post
    I thought about Luke recently.

Wondered if he still liked marbles.
    Have not known about him until now. I would like to send him one of mine for ID.

How was it? Im attending my first marble show this june and Im so excited! :D any tips?