How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

Table Top Marble Game Design ideas and more advice please.

Could anyone give me some ideas on how to make a tabletop version of a marble game. Traditional marble game please.

I want to make about 4 game boards for Senior Citizens at my fathers nursing home. So the design has to be pretty fool proof. They cannot bend down to pick the marbles off the floor.

Also, alternate methods of shooting marbles for people with arthritis.

How many should each person get and if they lose them all, in a game, do I just give them more? I sort of want to recreate their younger days in a fun but not to corny way. Do I showcase marbles for a month, as prizes for winning a tournament?

I need some ideas please. I want to give each nursing home resident marbles, in a drawstring bag. I want them to be able to practice, without having to bend down and pick up marbles that fall to the floor, and I would like to hold a tournament every month. I am hoping, eventually, to get there kids and grandkids involved as well.

I'm trying to buy as many different kinds of marbles that I can. I really like the Winlock marbles and want to give them out as prizes, but that, I'm finding out, will quickly break the bank, so I'm going to keep an eye out for some original looking marbles that will appeal to both men and women.

So throw those ideas out there and possible revised guidelines/rules for the for the senior citizen.

Thanks
    Beth

Re: Table Top Marble Game Design ideas and more advice please.

Looks like you might be trail blazing on this one.

Re: Table Top Marble Game Design ideas and more advice please.

I just got back in town after spending a week with my dad at the nursing home. I see that no one has any ideas for that table top design. LOL. I'm actually glad that no one took the time to draft a design. The activities director would not approve a marble club. She felt that it was to competitive and would demoralize the elderly. She is going to stick to making paper hats and having cute little kids recite prayers and poems. OMG!!! My dad and others have functioning brains!! No wonder people decline so fast in these types of homes.

The good news is that I went ahead and handed out bags of marbles to everyone. I also filled a neat bucket and tray full of marbles and put them in one of the lounge areas. The men loved the marbles the woman thought they were pretty. I gave them a bunch of Vacors, Akros, Marble Kings and whatever else that I had doubles (or more)

Thanks anyway!
    Beth