How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: help with value and ID of course

Brewer, I apologize for getting order of the URL links a little mixed up. The listing that you mention might have to be sold as "mostly damaged", I added Marble Alan's description and an active link to it so that you may look at a larger pic. You may not be familiar with Marble Alan but that he is one of the most trusted, knowledgeable and reliable sellers of marbles on ebay. He consistently realizes larger dollar amounts for the same marbles that someone else may have listed. (That's why folks continue to consign their marbles with him.............even though they give up apx. 30% of the profit for the fee). The reason that I posted that example was to demonstrate how common slags do not sell for very much even though some of them were made in the late 1800's-early 1900s.

I also included other examples of slags to show the price ranges involved. It has a lot to do with how common the color is, the size and the pattern. The "9 and Tail" pattern seems to be the most desirable.

If I am getting too verbose with my answers, please let me know...............I promise it won't hurt my feelings. Sometimes folks want just a simple answer to "what is it? and how much is it worth?" and I will go to extreme lengths digging up examples, etc., when it may not be necessary. hehe

Anyway, hope this post clears up any questions that my previous post caused. You might want to go back and read it again, since I added some pics and new info to it.

I also added the link to the marble that I felt was somewhat similar to yours and a picture for you to compare with.
    Last edited by ponkochan; 05-16-2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: correct punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by That Girl View Post
    Bigger pix? They're 800 pixels wide. Are you seeing the whole thing?

er, was that humor?
    Uh, well, OK, maybe I didn't notice that I could clicky-bigger on the pictures. Duh. **mild mortification**

After taking a closer look (ahem) . . . I still ain't sure. So very weird for a slag. I like slags a lot, and I have a lot, and I've looked at a lot more, and this one just doesn't look like any of them. Doesn't mean that it's not one. Ain't seen 'em all. I think you could probably call it a weird swirl just as easy as you could call it a weird slag. Either way, it's, well, weird.

I kinda like it.

I am confused here. After I read Ann's post here, it shows that this is page 1 of 2 (look at bottom of pic) When I click "next" or "page 2", it just takes me back to the first page. Is there another post after this one of Ann's and maybe there it's a glitch in my Firefox browser?

Heck,even after posting what I just did (I thought that now there might actually be a page 2, with my post being the first one there). But I'm still not able to go to a page 2. My last post is showing up at the bottom of page 1.

Anyone else having this problem? Or can you all actually go to a page 2?

Thanks!

EDIT: Just went and looked at older threads with multiple pages and am able to see a page 2, 3, etc. So it's only happening in this thread, for some reason.

Last edited by ponkochan; 05-17-2011 at 04:00 PM.

Not meaning to hijack this thread.............but it's really bugging me because I'm wondering if I'm missing some posts. At the top of this page, it says that I'm viewing posts 1-20 of 24. The last post as of this moment is #19 and it's the one that I just made. This post should show up as #20. But where are posts #21-24?

I used to see the 24 you saw at the top of the page, but now it's down to 20. What are you seeing now?

Maybe someone deleted the invisible posts?

Edit: your posts says #20 on it on my page. But my post says #27.

When I reload this page, I assume mine will say #21.

Edit #2: yes, it says 21 now.
    Last edited by That Girl; 05-17-2011 at 04:23 PM.

Ok now this is really driving me crazy. My last post was #20 and looking at the top of the page (as seen in screenshot below), it says that that this page is showing results of page 1-20 of 25. Can you all see more than 20 posts? (Look at the top right corner of each post to see what number it is).

I apologize if I'm driving some of you crazy with this insignificant stuff.

Steph, my last post shows up as #22, but the top of the page shows 28 posts.

I'm back to seeing the larger number at the top of the page. It's at 29 now since you just posted.

Weird.

Awwwww, didn't think about someone deleting posts. But what's even weirder is that when I last posted, it showed post #22 and then the next post showed up as #29! Also my reply got inserted in before your post, instead of after it. It sort of re-ordered itself. Weird, weird. Oh well, gotta run. My room-mate is waiting on me to pack up for a quick out of town trip and instead I'm here tripping over the number of posts.

Thanks Steph, for giving me a possible reason for the mystery.

Something's still funny here.

Says on page 2 that these are 16 to 30 of 32 posts, and that there's a page 3, but I can't get to a page three (and two more posts?). Now you've got ME going . . .

Right you are. In the proverbial sense that is f----- up! Hopefully that is not occurring between every 2nd and 3rd pg. of every thread at the Board. Like, "Yikes!" David

And if you're on 1 and click 3 you go to 2. Obviously what is referred to as a 'glitch.'

I went to another page at this Forum and hit a pg. 3 of another thread and it worked so the problem is only happening at this thread, thank goodness.
    Last edited by dlcmib; 05-17-2011 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Discovering the problem.....a 'glitch.'

The other mystery is how Lizzy gets 20 posts per page. I only have 15. ( :

*off to hunt for options in my user control panel*

OK, I now know the result of too much free time(LOL)