How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

Do you love to hunt for vintage marbles?

If you love collecting vintage marbles and want to have fun while doing it give us a call at (559) 816-2191. We will take you to the best marble hunting ground around. This is a picture of just a few of the marbles we have found.
    Last edited by heyitsyou2; 11-11-2011 at 07:38 PM.

Re: Do you love to hunt for vintage marbles?

Doesn't look terribly promising! David

Well being that we found ALL of these in about a 12 hour time frame, we think it looks very promising!

Completely willing to revise my estimate. How 'bout a series of 3 or 4 sharply focused close-ups. David

I really did shoot from the hip with this one. Am fully willing to give it my best shot with some pics that allow IDing assuming that might be an interest. David

We found these yesterday.........................

Found 10 more today in just 45 min.!!!

Possibly you could provide some clarification..... Is this some sort of a scavenger hunt with a time element you've got going on here? Just curious.

Also Your 1st Post was on 11/7 and you show marbles you've found. But then in your 6th Post which was on 11/11 you show a group of marbles that you say you got the day before(11/10 one would assume) but they contain at least three marbles from the ones you had in your 1st Post. Like what's up with that?

David

Just can't get anything past you David!!!

Keep em on the grill>>

marblemiser

Really wasn't attempting to put a flame to your feet. Just noticed an inconsistency. David

Wierd random-looking bunch -- not like they might have all come from a particular factory site . . .

This thread reminded me of when I worked at a major paint factory in the 70's. One of the warehouse guys accidentally knocked over a 55 gallon barrel in the warehouse, and spilled thousands of marbles, that took yrs. to find and clean up. I had assumed they would be the industrial type that are usually in spray paint cans, small clearies. But these were beautiful 5/8", what I now think were Marble King rainbows. There may have been some Akro corkscrews, and maybe some other makes and sizes too. At the time, I wasn't as interested in marbles as I am now. We would find them from time to time. Eventually they got rid of them all, around a dozen barrels full. I asked about them, and was told they went to a land fill. Someday, someone is going to stumble upon a lifetime supply.