How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

What are the rules to this game I can't remember the name of

I am a grandpa that wants to teach my grandson how to play marbles.
    When I was a kid back in the early 1960's we played a marble game where we made a hole in the yard with the heel of our shoe. We than decided what shooting order we would shoot in, (pretty much like Luke Meyer's "poison" game). After we decided what order we would shoot in, everybody placed the same amount of marbles in the hole ("pot"), whoever got their marble in the pot first got to keep all the marbles.

I remember there was some rule about if you hit another person's marble, you would be allowed to shoot their marble in any direction away from the hole.

Does anyone remember a game like this? We sure enjoyed it a lot.

I can't find my marbles from the 60's but I bought a few pounds of Marble King marbles to get us started.

Re: What are the rules to this game I can't remember the name of

I looked In my copy of The Great American Marble Book and did not find a game as you described. It does mention that there were many different varieties of hole games played throughout the U.S. Peace,Galen
    CACs make me smile, Galen

Re: What are the rules to this game I can't remember the name of

I cant say from personal experience, but a friend mentioned once he and his friends called that games "Pot sies" or "Pit sies", as you described with the winner taking the pot, he did say though that they made a series of holes like a golf course and lagged or tossed larger marbles as the shooter/boulder, working their way down trying to collect all the pots.