How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adding Photo's errors      Share

Adding Photo's errors

Just started having some issues adding photo's. I haven't changed anything, but it started saying my files were not sized right, so I made them smaller (up to now was accepting them okay), and after making them smaller, now I'm getting an error code.

I entered one photo of 554 KB, and after hitting "upload", an exclamation point shows up with this error:

500[IO ErrorEventType= "ioError bubbles=falsecancelable=falseeventPhase=2 text="error #2038"]

Vintage marble collector lstmmrbls's Avatar

Re: Adding Photo's errors

Your pics should be around 800x800 which is usually less than 100KB. That pic was probably way too large. are you using powertoy resizer or the powertoy resizer clone?
    CACs make me smile, Galen

I'm not real great with programs/applications. Honestly since I started on this site, I've simply taken the photo's with my Panasonic DMC Lumix T25, and put them straight onto my computer, and then straight onto the site. I did not do any resizing at all. So when they started getting rejected, I figured maybe something changes, but not sure what. I checked size of photo's I'd already loaded and they all seem to be about the same size. An existing one shows 23.1, the one rejected shows 22.9. I also tried (just since the error) to create the photo's smaller using the camera menu, but those got rejected as well. Sorry I'm not much help.

Try setting your camera to record at the smallest picture size possible. If you are using windows you can download one of these 2 programs the all you do is right click a pic then resize it to a small size,for XP download image resizer here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ads/windows-xp for vista or later http://www.addictivetips.com/windows...indows-7vista/

Well that worked. I didn't need to use the web site, for now I just selected a smaller photo, and they worked. As long as I can get them on and they are clear, I'm happy. Thanks for the info. I'll make a note of the sites, and if I need them will have them.

Just an update here...Someone at the vB forum seemed to have a fix for me, but I can't find the control they reference. Hopefully this will be addressed soon!
    erum

you can also resize all pictures using adobe photoshop cs4 i use go under File.... Scripts.... Image Processor... select folder and set your size and which photo to resize. it will make a folder inside that folder with the new images

If you download windows power toy resizer or the clone for more recent window versions all you need to do is right click on your pic click resize picture then pick the size you want and bam your done.