How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

Confirmation for a Peltier Multicolor Swirl

Most of the ones I've found are transparent blue based. This one is transparent green. It has Orange and White mixed through it.
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Peltgrnseam..jpg
Views:	71
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	90118   Click image for larger version

Name:	Peltgrnlines..jpg
Views:	51
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	90119   Click image for larger version

Name:	Peltgrnred..jpg
Views:	45
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	90120   Click image for larger version

Name:	Peltgrn..jpg
Views:	44
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	90121   Click image for larger version

Name:	PeltgrnseamII..jpg
Views:	49
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	90122  

Click image for larger version

Name:	PeltgrnredII..jpg
Views:	37
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	90123  

Re: Confirmation for a Peltier Multicolor Swirl

I think I'm seeing "Rainbo".

Not "multicolor".

So yeah, I guess I should have thought about it having 2 seams. The swirls would not have seams. I see that Peltier has what is called a Multicolor swirl, a 3 color Rainbo, and a multicolor ribbon. Care to describe the key distinctions?

I'm not sure about those names.

I'll talk about these three names: Multicolor Swirl, Multicolor Rainbo, and regular Rainbo.

I don't usually call marbles Multicolor Swirl. For me that's the same as a Multicolor Rainbo but just more swirly (Lol). So when I type it out, I think I usually say "Multicolor Rainbo". But now that I think of it, I sometimes use the abbreviation MCS ... so I'm sorta calling it a swirl. But to me they're basically the same. Multicolor Swirl = a type of Multicolor Rainbo. (in my book)

And what they tend to have is three distinctly different colors of ribbons in a transparent base. Like red, white & blue. Or turquoise, yellow and white. Or red, green and white.

Your ribbons are a little smeary but basically I'm seeing two colors there: red and white. That is not the only difference. But it is the easiest to describe.

Well, I'm set up to go to the Dectur show, which will be my first. So all of my naming comes from books.......yikes! I like your naming, other than calling my bands "smeary", that's just not right!!! I don't know how I missed the bands, I really thought this one "swirled', but looking on this site, it's definitely bands. Thanks for the info, I'm actually getting better at this!

Vintage marble collector lstmmrbls's Avatar

Multi-colored swirls used to only include the marbles such as these with no noticeable seams. Over the last several years the use of the name by sellers on ebay for any tri-colored rainbo(multi-colored rainbo) with a little swirling action, yet seams, has pretty much made the name worthless for the marbles in was originally used for.
    CACs make me smile, Galen

Now you're just showing off! That's a great group. First thing I"ve seen today that made me smile! : )

Jim, cant wait to see you at the show, look me up and we can kick the pelts all around the room. Chucki G--

Sounds great. I'll be the guy carrying around a ton of "gems" trying to get on the spot ID's! Looks like I'll be heading up on Friday. Any suggestions on getting some ID's on Friday? I heard some will open up their rooms to show their marbles, but haven't really seen how that works.

Jim, everyone will start coming in on thursday the 12th and once they get all set up they will open the door to the room and the fun times will begin. I will be out there wednesday after work and be there till its all over on saturday. Thats in case a few show up early. Find me when you come in and i will get you started looking all around at some great pieces of art work. Looking forward to meeting you soon. Chuck G--