How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marble craft ideas      Share

Tulsa, Oklahoma

Marble craft ideas

For Mother's Day, my wife and I created stepping stones with our one-year-old's handprints set into them, then placed colorful glass pieces around the perimeter. I then made one for myself, but instead of using glass pieces, I used a bunch of my less valuable marbles (the common cat's eyes, etc.) to outline the perimeter. At first, I thought that, being spheres, they would make walking on the stepping stone uncomfortable and awkward, so I shoved them just a little more than half of their diameter into the cement, and it turned out just fine. I know have plans to find just the right color and shade of marbles to represent the sun and planets on a tabletop mosaic, the rest of the mosaic being filled in with broken glass bits just as normal.

I have seen the little metal bits that can be purchased to turn a marble into wearable jewelry and such, but I was curious if anyone else out there had used marbles to create crafts/art. I am a complete marble nut, so I would love to gather as many ideas as possible. It would be fun to turn them into a book. I have zero confidence in my ability to get said book published, but it would be fun to at least put the book together and try.

Vintage marble collector lstmmrbls's Avatar
    Vallejo USA
    CACs make me smile, Galen

Re: Marble craft ideas

Magic With Marbles, Hazel Pearson Handicraft, 1962 and 1964; Marvelous Marble Art, Children’s Arts & Crafts Book, Shure Press; they are a couple books I am aware of - out of print but probably show up on Amazon or eBay periodically. Neat idea about hte stepping stones.