How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Any new info on the status of Jabo?

Is there any new info on the status of the Jabo facility? Plans for the future regarding any marble runs? Marble run before the sistersville Marblefest? Just wondering.

Re: Any new info on the status of Jabo?

I see that there hasn't been a response to your query. I'm thinking that not a heck-of-a-lot has been happening. JoAnn did request an IRS audit for whatever one might imagine and it turned up.....nothing. But I'm told she was hopping mad when the IRS sent her a bill for $25,000 for IRS accounting activity.

Right now for serious marble making Jabo has one tank that is past it's prime and no one there who could re work it. Even Jack Bogard was fired by JoAnn which puts the lies to the great scenario of Jack, JoAnn and Rick making Jabo triumphant once again. Jack is considering suing JoAnn/Jabo.

There's two words that pretty much cover matters: C------ F---!

thanks for that bit of info. I was also guessing nothing much was happening there at Jabo. All the talk had pretty much quieted down and it seemed that everyone had gone their seperate ways. Hard to say what is in store for the future or possibility of marbles being produced there again. Maybe some big lottery winner could come in and buy the place and refurbish the facility.

It is going to take a lot more than money to bring things back to life at Jabo I would surmise. Like maybe talent! I'm afraid that the talent has gone to a new machine-made marble-making operation in Ellenboro WV called Sammy's Mountain Marbles. Specifically....Dave McCullough, Sammy Hogue, Ron Shepherd, et al. They had their official First Edition run Sept. 25, 2012, a Second Edition run early in November 2012 and are planning on a third run in March 2013. Right now I've been told they are reworking their new tank built last Spring. There were a couple test runs back around June 2012 but officially they declared Sept. 25th, 2012 as the launching. The Sept. 25th 2012 run was 2000 lbs. of glass and the Nov. 2012 1000 lbs., a more managable amount.
    Last edited by dlcmib; 12-07-2012 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Add'l info.

Gotta disagree with you David. Some of the marbles made since Dave was asked to leave are as good as or better than ever. The Joker boys know what they are doing.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Box-16-J.../221162811006?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARBLES-JABO...item484cd0b61c
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARBLES-JABO...item4abf40fa75
    CACs make me smile, Galen

We're talking about the status* of things at Jabo and in the run right above it clearly states that this will be the last run that the current(now apparently former) principal will be participating in. Also we've some rehashing of some earlier Joker marbles included here and I've always been complimentary of many of the past Joker Runs. I rate some of them as among the best during the course of Jabo's 21st Century history. David

See quote here from eBay Auction: "THIS WILL BE THE LAST JABO JOKER RUN I WILL BE MAKING WITH THE JOKER TEAM AT JABO"

*bluemeany asked: "Any new info on the status of Jabo?"
    Last edited by dlcmib; 12-08-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Galen-the third auction you put up Rick goofed because they are all Joker III (Dave M) marbles.

David-I don't think that's what Rick meant. I think he meant he will be doing the JABO runs without the other Jokers.

I believe there is a run planned for February. There was the Leo Run on 8/8/12 of 3/4" and 5/8" marbles. The Virgo tankwash was on 9/21/12 and then there were the Virgo and Joker XXV runs piggybacking each other on 9/23/12. There was a small experiment on 11/1/12. That's the stuff that has been happenning at JABO recently that matters the most to me.

"goofed" might be one way to put it Josh. I indicated "rehashing."

And yes, in the final analysis it is all about the marbles when one has waded through the drama.

David

Thanks for getting some accurate information posted Josh. Looks like Jabo is carrying on just fine. Lets hope it continues.
    Last edited by lstmmrbls; 12-08-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Attachment 93369

This is one of the JABO marbles made recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Nantucketdink View Post
    David-I don't think that's what Rick meant. I think he meant he will be doing the JABO runs without the other Jokers.
    And without Jack Bogard, and Bert, and . . . everybody but Joanne, in fact. Anyone know what happened with the most recent Rick run that was declared to be "not a run?"

Just curious.

I think post 9 covers things.

Quote Originally Posted by lstmmrbls View Post
    I think post 9 covers things.
    Oh. So the unsuccessful run on 11/1/12 is now being called "a small experiment." OK. I get it.