How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

Here are more pictures that I would appreciate help with

Hi,
    I am going to post several pictures of other marbles, and I have many more of each, so if you need to see more, I can, but I am trying to not be a forum-hog.

Thanks in advance for any

Attachment 92890Attachment 92891Attachment 92892Attachment 92893Attachment 92894Attachment 92895

Re: Here are more pictures that I would appreciate help with

#1. Could be Master. Could be Bogard. Could be ... ? well, I'm not sure. It's a pretty one. I don't think much value as a singleton.

#2. Transparent swirl. Could have been made by any one of about 14 companies, mostly in West Virginia. So sometimes called a West Virginia Swirl

#3. Nice shade of blue. No striking details apparent to me which would set it apart from average "game marbles". Single color opaque marbles usually get put in the "game marble" category, with few exceptions. An exception would be some indication that it was hand-gathered.

#4. A cat eye. 1950's Vitro, I think.

#5. Looks like it could be an Akro Onyx Corkscrew. Or more views might make it look like a handgathered slag, but right now it looks cork-like to me. This marble could have some value, depending as always on condition. If the condition is deemed too bad for sale alone, it's still a nice marble to have in a personal collection at least as a place keeper until a better condition one comes along.

#6. Master? Vitro? Transparent swirl? Hard to say from just that one view. If it has seams or cutlines, that could help with the ID. Nominal value.

Hope this helps a bit. ( :

Thanks! Your answers are along the lines of what I was leaning towards. Is it ok to post more pictures? I was looking for guidelines, but didn't see any (yet)

Here is the red one, which I shall call the Akro Corkscrew for now. It is really pretty, and has a lot of character. I am still learnign what to take photos OF, , so advice is appreciated, too.

Attachment 92898Attachment 92899Attachment 92900Attachment 92901

My first thought was an Akro slag,i'm a little in doubt,after i read ,Steph was thinking maybe a corkscrew.

Instead of a mirror,you better use a gray background.

Couse of the condition of the marble it has hardly any monettary value.
    winnie