How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Any other Mega Marble collectors?

Hi I'm a noob marble collector, just got hooked on old Vacor de Mexico styles not on your posted spead sheet was wondering if anyone might have any thoughts on where I could seek these out

I have collected a fairly decent group of Mega marbles since the mid 1990's. Here are some pics of my collection of Mega marbles....

Nice collection! I just haven't gotten into the individual marbles collecting of Mega & Vacor - just the bags. Of course, I have a few marbles, too, but very few.

Thanks Al! I have been buying these since the 1990's, usually one or two bags at a time when i would see them in a store. Vacor has definitely made some neat looking marbles! Some of their color schemes are a bit tacky for me, but others are very cool!

Hello if anyone reads this thread anymore, I am looking to get samples of Vacor/ Mega Marbles or what ever distributor name in other countries (aka not United States)
    Photos with a name tag would be lovely, I am also interested in buying/ selling/ treading

drop me a line at tigerscubb 300 AT gmail DOT com

Thank you much

Quote Originally Posted by tigerscubbs View Post
    Hello if anyone reads this thread anymore, I am looking to get samples of Vacor/ Mega Marbles or what ever distributor name in other countries (aka not United States)
    Photos with a name tag would be lovely, I am also interested in buying/ selling/ treading

drop me a line at tigerscubb 300 AT gmail DOT com

Thank you much
    but no one ever answers

You've gotten a couple Mega bags from me. I'll dig out some pictures of bags from other countries that have Vacor marbles in them.

Wow Thank you Al!
    I didn't think anyone read this Forum anymore

I've been scouring the internet for these types with little luck... Ever seen?

Antartic, AntarticFrosty, Atmosphere, Blody, Cobra, CobraFrosty, Coconut, Coconut Diamond, CoconutFrosty, Coral, Dalmatian, Eclipse, EclipseFrosty, Gecko, Handmade , Hippo, Ice, Jellyfish, Mexico, Mint, Mirages, OctopusDiamond Crystal, Oldies, Orange, OrangeDiamond, OrangeFrosty, Oxblood, Panda1993, Pineapple, PineappleDiamond, PineappleFrosty, Pinky, Polaris, RedBaron, Reilete, Rustic, Sahara, Scorpion, Starburst, Stegosaurus2004, Sunset, Tomatos, T-Rex2004,

(UK)
    Whale
    Celtic
    Curves
    Labyrinth
    Red Beard
    Soap Bubble
    Trebol
    Troll
    Mango Twist
    Snowflake
    Black Beauty
    Green Goblin
    Panamerica
    Spaghetti

Thanks for the reply and all the awesome marbles in the past
    Last edited by tigerscubbs; 01-30-2015 at 04:43 AM.

HI,

The names you mention relates to 2 different origins.

Some are old mega that were distributed in US, like red baron, Polaris, Dalmatian, Hippo, Jellyfish,...

These ones cannot be found anymore from standard marbles seller : Pete has soms loose ones for sale on this site though.

Some are distribution names in other countries than US. Some of them can still be found from online country specific resellers

As an exemple : "Whale", "Panamerican", "Troll" are names used in France for ditributing types like Alien, Unicorn, or Mermaid.

To my knowledge, styles like "red beard", or "Curves" have not been distributed in the US...

...yet.

yes I am aware of this, which is why I'm asking for pictures so to compare styles and different names.

Quote Originally Posted by Didier View Post
    Some are old mega that were distributed in US, like red baron, Polaris, Dalmatian, Hippo, Jellyfish,...
    Didier, where did you get your info that Polaris and Dalmation were names of Mega Marbles? I've kept track of MM production since it began in 1993, and I have not heard of Polaris or Dalmation. I've heard Dalmation attributed to Mega Marbles, but never Polaris.

My source is a combination of Ron Garcia, ex-president of Mega Marbles and original catalogs. Ron was maintaining a spreadsheet of all the MM styles since their inception in 1993. When he left the company he gave me the spreadsheet and I've kept it up to date. Since then, I obtained all the original catalogs back to 1993, and double-checked the data preserved in the spreadsheet against the actual catalogs. Neither the spreadsheet or the catalogs ever contained a marble called Polaris or Dalmation. From 1993 to 1996 there was a marble sold as "Stelaris." This style (Crystal base with red, yellow, green or blue single-color frit embedded in the surface. Rough texture. Iridescent finish.) Was not produced in 1997-1998, but in 1999 the marble reappeared as "Stardust," a style which I think is still in current production.

Perhaps you are mixing up Polaris with Stelaris?

I'm not sure why I've heard multiple people reference a Mega Marble named "Dalmation," which I think is purported to be a while marble with black spots. There is no Dalmation in Ron's table, or in the old catalogs. I don't know where their information comes from.

"Cow" is white with black spots, but it was new in 2013:

http://www.landofmarbles.com/mega139.html

If anyone has a Mega Marble documented in a catalog, or packaging not on my spreadsheet, I'd like to know about it. I'm attaching my spreadsheet here.

I collect early Vacors and MM alike and currently looking into other isributor's names for comparisons.
    I know Dalmatian is an old Vacor de Mexico made, I'd guess 1980's maybe, never distributed by MM. As for Polaris I believe translates to 'North Star' My guess would be it's another early Vacor style.
    There was an interactive web page/ catalog for Vacor de Mexico I used found, but that was about 10 years ago and it has been taken offline. I remember seeing Dalmatian but do not recall Polaris at the moment. I wish they had kept it online for the great references. Ah well, hope I could help.

Some pics of Vacors in foreign bags

Some more

Then a few miscellaneous that you might not have seen