How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My mibs for sale      Share

My mibs for sale

I apologize for not posting this to the buy/sell/trade forum, but that's one of the perks that comes with owning the forum!

I need to raise some funds and decided to do it by selling some of my personal collection.

I am wondering if any members are in the market for anything I might be able to help them out with. I collect all categories of glass and non-glass antique handmade, all manufacturers and styles of machine mades so there's a good chance I can help a wide variety of collectors with a wide variety of marbles.

Please LMK what you are looking for, and I will let you know what I can help you with. No reasonable offer will be refused.

Re: My mibs for sale

Well this is exciting. But, should we just tell you here since we can't send you PMs, apparently?

For what it's worth then, I'm definitely interested in any unopened nets of retired Mega Marbles styles. I'd especially love to get a Flamingo net.

Also very interested if you have loosies of any of the following retired Mega Marbles varieties that you'd be willing to sell:

- Flamingo
    - Monet
    - Picasso
    - Van Gogh
    - Tree Frog (got lots of shooters, but looking for players)
    - Twister
    - Old Fashion
    Last edited by Tezcatlipoca; 06-29-2014 at 05:52 PM.

Mega Marbles are one thing I haven't got a lot of to sell. I am talking more the vintage stuff. Someone emailed me that they are looking for "better machine mades"

I got plenty of them, I guess I need specifics - what specific types or colors are you looking for? I've got a paper mache hand made, a double-ingot Sparkler, vitro confetti, Peltier Honey Onyx, Peltier NLR's, outstanding Special corkscrews, an Akro Cornelian, Oxbloods, Ades and Popeyes, a CAC Guinea, a hand-gathered purple/yellow CAC, a hand-gathered purple CAC pastel opaque, primo handmades (many lutz and more). Anyone interested in any of this?

Hi Pete, can you please e-mail me at charlesm_garrett_985@comcast.net I have been talking a lot to Sergeo Pena and he says you may have a few odd and different peltier marbles that may interest me. Could you please let me know. Thank you very much Chuck Garrett

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Mega Marbles are one thing I haven't got a lot of to sell. I am talking more the vintage stuff. Someone emailed me that they are looking for "better machine mades"

I got plenty of them, I guess I need specifics - what specific types or colors are you looking for? I've got a paper mache hand made, a double-ingot Sparkler, vitro confetti, Peltier Honey Onyx, Peltier NLR's, outstanding Special corkscrews, an Akro Cornelian, Oxbloods, Ades and Popeyes, a CAC Guinea, a hand-gathered purple/yellow CAC, a hand-gathered purple CAC pastel opaque, primo handmades (many lutz and more). Anyone interested in any of this?
    Oh, I see. Hmmm probably out of my price range, then, though I'd kind of like to pick up just a few vintage oxbloods. What about slags? I'll send you an email.

Tezcatlipoca, can you e-mail me please at charlesm_garrett_985@comcast.net thank you Chuck Garrett

Thanks for the interest everyone. After considering things, I guess the best route to take would be to add the marbles I have to sell to LandOfMarbles.com. I know people want to see what they buy before laying out any money, so I guess I'll take pics and share them by posting links to the listings at LOM, where everyone can see them. I'll share pics first, then define a price when I am ready to part with them - then it will be first come, first get.

If people can post here, and let me know what they are looking for, I'll consider adding those styles first. For the record, what I am seeking to sell are some of my very best marbles, so don't expect bargains. The buyers I seek are those looking for primo examples, and who will pay fair market value for them - I will not be selling anything hard to find at a bargain price.

I turned of PM years ago for me. I was getting a lot of PM/IM's from newbie's seeking help with identification. I'm too busy to help with that personally, but it's a major reason why I host the board, so I hoped they'd figure out they shouldn't be coming to me (1 person), they should post at the forum where potentially dozens of collectors could chime in.

So yes, posting here is preferable to contacting me directly. I did receive several direct contacts re: this, which is what prompts me to realize I'll get no where fast with trying to sell through the forum. Please LMK what you're looking for, and I'll decide what to offer based on your wish lists.

LOM.com does offer slags in several colors, when we find them. I recently added some, and think we have not sold out yet. Try searching "slags," or look at the Akro category in the cat tree at left (under machine-mades)

Well, I'm interested in pretty much all of it. However, my ability to pay does not match my interest. So . . . Here's one I could afford, if you have one. For years I've been looking for an Akro snake of a pale, "powder" blue. Not the frequently-seen light aqua snake -- but one in which the baby blue is "grayed out" to some extent. I've seen several augers that color (and have one), but I'm not having any luck at all with finding a powder-blue snake . . .

Can you post a pic of your auger and I will see if I have the same color? I assume you are looking for a "Spiral" corkscrew (Opaque colored glass corkscrew in transparent clear base), as opposed to an "Onyx" corkscrew (Opaque white corkscrew in transparent colored base)? Spirals and Onyx are favorites, I have oodles of them. Both are found as "snakes" (corkscrew lying on the surface of the marble, without extending into the base), "ribbons" (corkscrew forms a flat ribbon inside the marble, but does not extend to the core), and "augers" (corkscrew extends to the central axis if the marble). So I am understanding you to mean you are looking for a snake-style "Spiral?"

I have several light blue spirals that may fit the bill - let me see what color you're looking to match?

You understand me completely -- an opaque colored-glass corkscrew in transparent clear base, with the corkscrew (or "spiral") lying on the surface of the marble, without extending into the base . . . the very thing.

This is not my auger (mine's more "robust," less ribbon-y) but it's one I saved a pic of, specifically for the color. Sorry the pics are so small. I sucked them off of ebay and I have no idea how to make them bigger . . .
    Last edited by ann; 07-02-2014 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    You understand me completely -- an opaque colored-glass corkscrew in transparent clear base, with the corkscrew (or "spiral") lying on the surface of the marble, without extending into the base . . . the very thing.

This is not my auger (mine's more "robust," less ribbon-y) but it's one I saved a pic of, specifically for the color. Sorry the pics are so small. I sucked them off of ebay and I have no idea how to make them bigger . . .
    Wow, those pics are tiny. You can't make small pics larger without them becoming "pixel-y" anyway, making them bigger wouldn't help. Well, actually, that'd probably be fine for color matching. I do think I have several of these lighter blue spirals. I need 4 to photography to list for sale on the site, so I think these are on hold until I acquire another. Do you belong to our mailing list? When we do add them to the site, we will announce it there, so make sure you're signed up. The sign-up form is in the site-wide left-hand column, beneath the category tree.

I plan to offer them for around $10.

Sold out or still available?