How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: I found....something      Share

BenSanders20

I found....something

this may not qualify as a "score".... but....its one of the neatest I've seen that i didn't have to pay for.

One of my jobs is working for property management. I clean out apartments after someone moves out, let the rebuild team put new stuff in, then clean up their mess so it can be shown......

clearing out a drawer today, i found this in a pile of twist ties and sewing articles....

No idea what it is.....

Re: I found....something

I am guessing Marble King, but wait for a vet to respond before you sock it away in an MK drawer.

BenSanders20

Actually, the pattern is sorta "eye-catching"...so its going in a display with a misc. assortment of odd looking marbles. Mixture of new/old/weird case.

Love it! In with the twist ties and free to boot! I was poking around in the box of Benningtons that was in with my last purchase and a dusty old little puppy that looked out of place. Thot hmmm. Cleaned it up and tis a pee wee blue mica! Not big $; just fun stuff to find that someone just by passed.

BenSanders20

Having no real knowledge of marbles, all of mine get nicknames....so that i know what Im talking about when i talk to myself..... the one pictured is "the ********* one" and its displayed near my "bobber/float marbles" (Vitro's that look like fishing accessories) ...etc....

Quote Originally Posted by BenSanders20 View Post
    Having no real knowledge of marbles, all of mine get nicknames....so that i know what Im talking about when i talk to myself..... the one pictured is "the ********* one" and its displayed near my "bobber/float marbles" (Vitro's that look like fishing accessories) ...etc....
    Hmm. A fellow fisherman. Haven't fished in so long..I remember once, in my younger years, I was wandering near a local lake, near slate. Just set the pole down and thot; whatever. Well..."whatever" took my pole rite into the lake and I caught the pole and fish in time. Let it go of course...only fair.

BenSanders20

LOL....oh, it bleeped out "B!-POL@R"...i guess I'm too offensive and rude for this server..... and the Catfish down here are known to run off with unattended poles as well...ah, memories of assaulting fish with an array of hot-dogs, corn nibblets and cat food.....OOPS....not a fishing forum. Bad ben...<slaps wrist>.

LOL....oh, it bleeped out "B!-POL@R"...i guess I'm too offensive and rude for this server..... and the Catfish down here are known to run off with unattended poles as well...ah, memories of assaulting fish with an array of hot-dogs, corn nibblets and cat food.....OOPS....not a fishing forum. Bad ben...<slaps wrist>.
    I dunno; don't think you r rude? I think I am tri polar so let's see the results. The only bullhead I caught wouldn't die. It was frankly AWFUL. Blood all over the kitchen walls and they still just flopped around in the sink. If you see bobber colors in a mib well, do show and tell!

BenSanders20

i know the pictures are pretty bad, but i didn't want to untapped the whole case for a pic... anyway...a few of the "bobbers" (which i think are Vitro. and since thinking is dangerous, I'm going to go out on a limb and feebly say All-Reds?)

hmmm....

i know the pictures are pretty bad, but i didn't want to untapped the whole case for a pic... anyway...a few of the "bobbers" (which i think are Vitro. and since thinking is dangerous, I'm going to go out on a limb and feebly say All-Reds?)
    I knew you were going to post those.

We just had a debate about All-Reds and Yellow Jackets. All-Reds have red on one end and another color on the other. Yellow Jackets can have red on one end and yellow on the other, so they would fit in that category too. Some say Yellow Jackets have to have a colored ribbon around the middle, but someone else showed an ad that showed the white middle. You decide.

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    I knew you were going to post those.

We just had a debate about All-Reds and Yellow Jackets. All-Reds have red on one end and another color on the other. Yellow Jackets can have red on one end and yellow on the other, so they would fit in that category too. Some say Yellow Jackets have to have a colored ribbon around the middle, but someone else showed an ad that showed the white middle. You decide.
    Isn't it funny how sometimes I pretend I actually know something?

BenSanders20

if its in the "all-red" field with no red on it (such as green and brown with a white stripe) is it still an "all-red"? - these are the questions that keep me awake until 3am....

if its in the "all-red" field with no red on it (such as green and brown with a white stripe) is it still an "all-red"? - these are the questions that keep me awake until 3am....
    If Vitro, sounds like a Tiger Eye (Type 3 I think). Could be a Marble King (Rainbow?). Keep in mind that I am new to this and am only answering because I have had "some" experience. Wait for someone who knows for sure, but feel free to look at the Tiger Eyes to see if that's what you have.

They are Vitro all red,and yes they must have one red patch.