How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Re: 41 Akro Sparklers on a flower frog

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg View Post
    Well, that's a good thing 'cause **you** aren't in my will. Seriously, they are out my league these days. Unless I win the lottery, it's the cheap ones for me. And there is nothing wrong with the cheap ones. Less competition.
    ....at least I didn't diss your Guinea!!! BTW, which is the double ingot? Only one that looks diff to me is 2nd to last bottom row; far rite?

Quote Originally Posted by Cas View Post
    ....at least I didn't diss your Guinea!!! BTW, which is the double ingot? Only one that looks diff to me is 2nd to last bottom row; far rite?
    You're right. You didn't say mean words about the Guineas A double ingot is when two globs of glass (ingots) meant to be two marbles get stuck together and the rollers combine them into a larger marble. They're easy to identify because there's usually a groove circling the marble where the two globs came together. You can usually run run a fingernail all the way around the marble. My double is top center about 2 or 3 (depending how you count the top lone marble) rows down. You can almost see the groove and colors are running down both sides instead of limited generally to a single side.

Quote Originally Posted by That Girl View Post
    Here are my two, count 'em two, sparklers.

Well, my two round ones.

I also have these.
    I think the flat ones would make some awesome jewelry!

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg View Post
    You're right. You didn't say mean words about the Guineas A double ingot is when two globs of glass (ingots) meant to be two marbles get stuck together and the rollers combine them into a larger marble. They're easy to identify because there's usually a groove circling the marble where the two globs came together. You can usually run run a fingernail all the way around the marble. My double is top center about 2 or 3 (depending how you count the top lone marble) rows down. You can almost see the groove and colors are running down both sides instead of limited generally to a single side.
    Thanks. I definitely can see it is larger. I'm not familiar with a Sparklers' patterning, do you mean that most Sparklers have one side that is more or less transparent glass? BTW, I meant to thank you for posting those Guineas. It is "fun stuff" like that which helps me learn even if bits and pieces. (am I back in your will now???)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas View Post
    Thanks. I definitely can see it is larger. I'm not familiar with a Sparklers' patterning, do you mean that most Sparklers have one side that is more or less transparent glass? BTW, I meant to thank you for posting those Guineas. It is "fun stuff" like that which helps me learn even if bits and pieces. (am I back in your will now???)
    Will? No will. When I die all my stuff will be buried with me. Didn't tell you I was a hoarder?

Bottom row is typical Sparklers. Colors limited to one side, other side mostly clear with strands of white running through it. Top one is the double ingot. Both sides full of color.

I have about 10 (managed to stop myself), including this one I bought from joemarbles a while ago . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    I have about 10 (managed to stop myself), including this one I bought from joemarbles a while ago . . .
    10? How the heck could you have stopped at 10? You have the willpower of a saint. I actually bid on one last night. Didn't come anywhere near. Back to the cheap ones.

I have very little willpower. However, when I saw the sparkler thing coming, I made a deal with myself, as I so often do when I see trouble ahead. I would let myself buy sparklers that I particularly liked -- and this is the crucial phrase -- as long as they were noticeably different from the three or four I already had.

So eventually I added one with predominant red; one with predominant green; one with predominant white (the one I posted above), etc. One 360 degree sparkler. And whatnot. So one day I can still add that elusive UV hot sparkler I'm missing . . .