How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Random Shares      Share

Re: Random Shares

How about little wind-up birds?

Nope. I can't post pics either.

Never mind.

That is soooo cool!

Got this vintage postcards from my son,he knows what I like.
    The Googly dolls have glass eyes,I did not know they existed.

Love the post cards!

Ok . . .

Still no posting pics . . .

WARNING - SPIDERS

Captured this in the greenhouse. Markings are amazingly cool

Ok, no spiders this time.

Since I haven't had a whole lot of luck with marbles, I've been digging through old photographs. Portland is kind of known for it's bridges crossing the Willamette River. Oldest is the Hawthorne which opened in 1910.

But my favorite is the St. Johns bridge. Opened in 1931. A beautiful bridge. A park on it's east end is called Cathedral Park for the shape of the bridge piers.

And a cable anchor.

How the heck can you hit on my fears in two posts. You got the darn spidey (as I told you - I DON'T CARE if it can spell "Some Pig" - oddly my fav book/smash it and just say sorry as you do so) and bridges. Well, I'm afraid of a lot more of stuff, but those are in my top hundred.. Got a jar today. Eyup. THINK I caught myself a MK grasshopper.....one of the mibs on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Cas View Post
    How the heck can you hit on my fears in two posts. You got the darn spidey (as I told you - I DON'T CARE if it can spell "Some Pig" - oddly my fav book/smash it and just say sorry as you do so) and bridges. Well, I'm afraid of a lot more of stuff, but those are in my top hundred.. Got a jar today. Eyup. THINK I caught myself a MK grasshopper.....one of the mibs on my list.
    Boy, you’d not survive in Portland or Oregon. St. Johns hardly moves at all. 9 bridges between east and west Portland. 3 bridges north across the Columbia River. Numerous bridges south down the valley. A couple old fashioned ferries. Now saying all that, I've been across a bridge in northern Washington state that had the driving surfaces made of a grating. A major glacier fed stream flows under it and in the spring runoff it would be washed away regularly. Now the water flows through it. Walking across it woke all my fears of heights.

Speaking of Oregon and random shares. I will be in Washington and Oregon in September. Anything I need to see or miss? I am going with a friend, so she will have some say in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    Speaking of Oregon and random shares. I will be in Washington and Oregon in September. Anything I need to see or miss? I am going with a friend, so she will have some say in the matter.
    Where in Oregon/Washington? What cities are you visiting?

Northern Oregon - Columbia Gorge and Multnomah Falls. Mt Hood and Timberline Lodge. Almost anywhere on the Oregon Coast.

Southern Washington. Mt St. Helens (it's an easy drive to a very near viewpoint). Mt. Rainier. I don't have a good handle on Washington State.

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post

Oh cool! You mean me right?

I've only been to Sisters, Oregon, and long drives around in that area. Some great hoodoos nearby. And fossil fields. Other than that, the Sisters rodeo! I forget when it is, though. An old friend lives out there and got us good tickets, anyhow. I like to see the bulls flinging cowboys around.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg View Post
    Where in Oregon/Washington? What cities are you visiting?

Northern Oregon - Columbia Gorge and Multnomah Falls. Mt Hood and Timberline Lodge. Almost anywhere on the Oregon Coast.

Southern Washington. Mt St. Helens (it's an easy drive to a very near viewpoint). Mt. Rainier. I don't have a good handle on Washington State.
    Jerry, I am not sure of the cities yet. I know we are flying in and out of Seattle, but we plan to see Mt. St. Helens and Ranier, so I know we will be going south. I suppose we will visit Portland, at least. (We are going to discuss travel plans Monday. I just wanted to find out where to suggest.)

Ann, thanks for the suggestions. I didn't know about the fossils. I would love to do some fossil hunting. I plan to look into this.

Cas, um...I was talking about a different friend, but you can join us.

I've been lucky enough to have visited most of the states, but I have never made it to WA and OR, so this is my chance.