How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: unable to add pictures      Share

Re: unable to add pictures

Pete, Just tried to upload a picture and I'm still getting the same thing as before. Just curious if others are still having the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by TinGin View Post
    Pete, Just tried to upload a picture and I'm still getting the same thing as before. Just curious if others are still having the same problem.
    Same here - I just tried to upload as well and got the same message as before.

Quote Originally Posted by Cas View Post
    Same here - I just tried to upload as well and got the same message as before.
    me too.

Test

Worked fine for me

testing

Looks OK to me too. Can you hover over the exclamation point and tell me what the error says? The size limit is now 800 x 800 pixels. If your image is over that it will show the exclamation point. I you get that "can't move/copy file" message, there is a problem.

Don't normally use attachments, but thought I'd give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Looks OK to me too. Can you hover over the exclamation point and tell me what the error says? The size limit is now 800 x 800 pixels. If your image is over that it will show the exclamation point. I you get that "can't move/copy file" message, there is a problem.
    It was the size limit. I didn't have a problem with that before. I finally figured out how to change the pixels and submitted a question in the forum just to make sure I could attach the pics. Thanks

Size limit was the issue for me too - I posted a thread and it seems ok now. Did the program automatically convert the size before or was the limit changed to save on space? Anywho, thanks for working on this on what should have been a day off for you.

That would be me and I'm off today too. Just following up on reports that we still might have an issue...

Previously, the forum limited pics to 800 pixels wide or high, I forget which. At that time I suspected we had hit a ceiling so I limited both dimensions to 800x800px. I don't want to discourage users to use the attach feature - attaching pics to brag, ask questions, etc. has been a long-time essential feature of the forum. But I don't want to max out the server either, so I tried limiting pic size so files wouldn't be huge. I don't *think* I changed anything else - does anyone notice anything else different?

I'll take a look at the options again and see if there is a better one...

I was hoping there was a way to automatically delete pics after a year or 2, but the current version only has options to locate and delete attachments by date or file size. I did figure out a few new things. Cas is the attachment king with 1,040 attachments, more that 3 times that of #2. Not a problem at all Cas - thanks for being a prolific poster! I'm sure you've prompted and engaged in lot's of discussion, and that's what I angle to do here

If anyone has feedback on the current limitations of file size, I'm all ears. Currently it's .bmps, .gifs, .jpegs, .jpgs, .pngs and .psds sized 800x800 pixels and no larger than 302,400 KB and .xls' and .docs with no size limit and .pdfs no larger than 102,400 KB

I set the forum to have no limit attachment, but my webhost does limit my storage space so it's not really unlimited. I set limits to encourage people to crop negative space out of their pics. See attached - note how one "wastes" pixels with a wide border of negative space around the subject while the other crops borders right to the subject.

That big margin of unused space around the marble serves no purpose but to take up disk space - it's not giving anyone a better view of the marble. Cropping out negative space and saving just the portion of the image showing the marble ensures we don't waste server space, but not everyone is that familiar with photo editing. I don't want to exclude people who really only know how to point and click - I want them able to share pics too. Do you think I need to allow a larger pic? Then again, I don't want to allow a larger pic than the width of most monitors, or else the pic won't fit without slide bars to more the screen back-and-forth.

I was hoping there was a way to automatically delete pics after a year or 2, but the current version only has options to locate and delete attachments by date or file size. I did figure out a few new things. Cas is the attachment king with 1,040 attachments, more that 3 times that of #2. Not a problem at all Cas - thanks for being a prolific poster! I'm sure you've prompted and engaged in lot's of discussion, and that's what I angle to do here
    Great, I now have the dubious honor of being known as the "pixel pig"!! Oh well, I've been called worse.

Come on now, Be proud, Someone has to have the title.
    CACs make me smile, Galen