How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

How to Add Images to Your Posts by Uploading Them

Creating your Message and Uploading a Picture

In your message, click the paperclip to attach an image or images.
    1. Click the paperclip icon on a message to attach an image. This opens the “File Upload Manager.”
    2. Click “Add Files” at the top of the “File Upload Manager” page.
    3. Click “Select Files” to locate files on your computer. This will take you to a folder on your computer.
    4. Navigate to the image/s you wish to upload. You can add multiple images by clicking the Control (Ctrl) button as you click to select the images you wish to upload.
    5. Click the “Open” button after you have made your selection/s.
      Important! You will not be able to upload images that are larger than 800 x 800 pixels. If the site will not let you upload an images, you may have to crop the image and save it at a smaller size.
    6. Once you see your file/s, click the “Upload files” button. The file will upload and you will see a thumbnail (smaller) version of it under the “Attachments” panel of the “File Upload Manager.”
    7. Click the box below the file or click the “Select all” box at the lower left of the window.
    8. Click the “Insert Inline” button, and small versions of your images will show up in the message window. Users can click the thumbnail images to bring up the larger-sized pictures.
    9. The image number will show up with [ATTACH] on either side. Do not type anything between these markups and do not delete them.
    10. Click “Submit Reply” or “Submit New Message” to submit your message, complete with your uploaded images.

Re: How to Add Images to Your Posts by Uploading Them

Pete, I made a handout, with screenshots, for uploading files. Ironically, I cannot upload it. It is 522 KB, which exceeds the 100KB limit. Do you want me to email it so you can post it somewhere? -- Jayne

Sure, send it to marbles@landofmarbles.com. Thanks Jayne.

Inspired by Jayne I looked for a video tutorial at youtube, and found several. I posted a sticky link at the ID/Value help forum advising people what to do if they needed help. Take a look, it's at http://www.landofmarbles.com/phpbb/s...ttach-pictures. Thanks for your efforts Jayne, you inspired me - I should have done this 10 years ago!

How to Resize Images to Fit the 800 Pixel Maximum Size

This assumes you are using Windows.
    1. Open the Paint application.
    2. Click on "Resize."
    3. Click the "pixels" radio button at the top.
    4. Change the largest number you see to 800. (The other number will adjust accordingly, as long as the "Maintain aspect ratio" box is clicked.)
    5. Save the file.

Attachment 103558

Edit: Jerry says you can also just right-click on the image to get options for resizing.
    Last edited by jayne; 08-10-2016 at 08:26 PM.