How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
Closed Thread

Thread: How to attach pictures!      Share

How to attach pictures!

Before attaching pictures, I recommend you visit http://www.YouTube.com, search "vBulletin attach" and watch some of the videos that are returned. (vBulletin is the brand of forum we use).

Our file size limit on images is 300KB, the dimensional size limit is 800x800 pixels and compatible extensions for upload are .bmp, .gif, .jpe, .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .psd, tif and .tiff. You can also upload .doc, .docx, pdf, .txt and .xls - none of these attachment types has any size limit. If the image you are trying to attach exceeds 800 pixels in any dimension the forum won't let you upload it. See Jayne reply in this thread re: resizing images so you can upload it.

If you still have trouble...
    • our member Jayne has created an excellent tutorial in .pdf format I have attached to this post.
    • try reading the FAQ about attachments:
      http://www.landofmarbles.com/phpbb/f...y&titlesonly=1
    • try searching the forum for an old post on this topic - you aren't the first who needed help.
    • You can also try posting and asking for help.

How to Resize Images to Fit the 800 Pixel Maximum Size

This assumes you are using Windows.
    1. Open the Paint application.
    2. Click on "Resize."
    3. Click the "pixels" radio button at the top.
    4. Change the largest number you see to 800. (The other number will adjust accordingly, as long as the "Maintain aspect ratio" box is clicked.)
    5. Save the file.

Attachment 103558

Re: How to attach pictures!

I enjoy collecting marbles but all this hassle over image size download upload baloney is not worth a marble

Quote Originally Posted by jfr7952@aol.com View Post
    I enjoy collecting marbles but all this hassle over image size download upload baloney is not worth a marble
    Fine with me, personally. If you don't want to put in the effort, it's one less marble I need to try to identify. My gain, your loss.
    \_(ツ)_/
    Last edited by jerryg; 09-06-2016 at 05:11 PM.

jfr, I hear what you're saying. For years some have had difficulty uploading pics for ID help and I've wrestled over what to do about it. On one hand I want to be mindful of the regulars, (This forum is in it's 17th year!) many of whom are getting to that age where they don't like changes (including me). On the other hand, I know the upload process is not similar to the way people are used to uploading pics elsewhere, nor is it intuitive.

After much thought I've decided to upgrade this forum in the next 6 months or so. I expect the latest version of this software includes a means of uploading pics that is more akin to what people are already familiar with elsewhere. It's always been a goal of mine for LandOfMarbles.com to foster the game of playing and the hobby of collecting marbles, and changing to a means of ID help more people are comfortable with works towards that end.

Thanks for the constructive criticism I appreciate knowing where people have issues with LandOfMarbles.com - That is what has helped me continuously improve

(BTW, I meant to lock this thread (prevent replies) and forgot so I'm doing it now...

It is extremely easy to upload pictures, First thing to do is crop the picture to just include the marble, This is available in most all picture viewing apps or programs. Next download this program RESIZE IMAGE for Windows https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...e/9p87m9tknkvl google resize image if you need to, follow directions If you choose custom make it 800x800 and it will upload, hope this helps someone
    CACs make me smile, Galen