How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
Closed Thread

Thread: Toy Cannons      Share

Toy Cannons

I've mentioned before that I used to collect toy cannons. Mostly Big Bang Carbide Cannons, but also black powder and firecracker. One of the cannons I purchased was a bronze reproduction of a very early firecracker cannon called the Home Guard Safety Cannon. Today I discovered that only 50 numbered cannons were produced between 2001 and 2004. I'd never noticed any numbers. Down off the cabinet it came and quickly discovered it was numbered 02 - 2001. Second produced in the first year. How cool is that?

Re: Toy Cannons

Very neat, I loved carbide canons when I was younger! here are my canons (for marbles)
    CACs make me smile, Galen

Oh. Very nice. Most of mine are still in storage and I'm kind of worried about rust. Here's a very broken webpage of most of my collection. Photos of cannons are still good, but most eveything else is broken.

http://www.gaiser.org/cannons_new/

Very Nice, Looks like my type of collection!!!!
    CACs make me smile, Galen

Fine thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg View Post
    I've mentioned before that I used to collect toy cannons. Mostly Big Bang Carbide Cannons, but also black powder and firecracker. One of the cannons I purchased was a bronze reproduction of a very early firecracker cannon called the Home Guard Safety Cannon. Today I discovered that only 50 numbered cannons were produced between 2001 and 2004. I'd never noticed any numbers. Down off the cabinet it came and quickly discovered it was numbered 02 - 2001. Second produced in the first year. How cool is that?
    I have one similar to the brass or bronze one. Mine isn't the kind that fires, though.

I have several cannons that go with my lead soldier collections. They fire wooden bullets, using a spring mechanism. I don't have bullets/shells, but I could whittle one out of a dowel and test them, I guess. If a marble would fit, I might try one.