How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pretty Box of Peltier      Share

Pretty Box of Peltier

Completed MCS/MCR box. Looking carefully, it seems that 5 or 6 are MCR and will need to be replaced. Can you see them?

Re: Pretty Box of Peltier

Very very nice! Would be wicked cool if you started another box - same color combo - of MCR's!!! Would make for a beautiful set.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg View Post
    Completed MCS/MCR box. Looking carefully, it seems that 5 or 6 are MCR and will need to be replaced. Can you see them?

Nice color combo. I might steal the scheme to decorate my bathroom.

Hey Jayne. Good to see you again. Missed your smiling face.

Hey Jayne! Ditto on what Jerry said - and hoping to see what goodies you have been collecting during your absence!

Thanks,Jerry and Cas. I've just been quiet, I guess.

I bought a jar of marbles a few weeks ago. There were a few I could not ID, but I just haven't gotten around to posting them yet.

On a side note, what's with all the spam postings? I had a hard time finding a "real" thread.

On a side note, what's with all the spam postings? I had a hard time finding a "real" thread.
    Yeah. Spam has been bad over the past couple of days. I've been reporting it, but it appears that neither Pete, Al or Galen have been online here for a few days.

Yeah. Spam has been bad over the past couple of days. I've been reporting it, but it appears that neither Pete, Al or Galen have been online here for a few days.

My apologies. I've been busy with problems at work spilling over into my personal time. I saw a bunch of spam reports yesterday but I was personally swamped and just assumed Galen or Al would take care of them and deleted them. Most of the time when I follow up they've already gotten rid of them, so I assumed they did this time since I was trying to clear my in-box in a rush. I'll go undelete them and make sure they're addressed.

I'm embarassed to ask - what's MCR? I know these as tri-color transparent ribbons, and I've got 1 in stock:

http://www.landofmarbles.com/vin247.html

Transparent green base. Three opaque colors in six ribbons. Two seams. Like NLR's, but in a transparent base. Minty Crystal Rainbos? I give up.

I just bought a collection - maybe I'll find more. See attached. that big jar in the corner must weigh over 100 pounds, I can barely lift it. Well maybe it's more. I brought it up to my office a stair at a time using the wire handle around the neck, then though once I got there how stupid that was - the rusty old wire could have broke under all that weight - what a disaster on a staircase!

I'm embarassed to ask - what's MCR? I know these as tri-color transparent ribbons, and I've got 1 in stock:
    Multi Color Rainbo. What some collectors are calling Rainbos in Multi Color Swirl colors. In this case Blue/Yellow/White. Top row, first three are all Rainbos. Instead of swirls with no obvious seam, these are showing up with two obvious seams. I've found them in these colors and the other colors of early swirls (Blue/White/Red, Green/White/Red, Blue/White/Orange).

Oops - I never deleted the spam last night! I did today and there were even more. Sorry, these posts don't come from people. They are made by computers (some infected with viruses) that crawl the web looking for forums and when they find one they post this ****. Whoever is behind it has money at stake. They unleash this software that infects computers and if they have even a 1% of 1% success rate, it yields enough profit to fund the enterprise indefinitely. I get the same garbage submitted through my contact us forms. When they identify a forum that does not remove previously posted spam, they come back even more. Has Galen or Al been around? Maybe we all were too busy to remove recent spam and that started to happen.

I'm not sure I got it all so please continue to report any you find.

Funny how collectors and terminology evolve. These are great old marbles!

I'm back from an 11-day vacation so will be keeping an eye out for spam. Deleted one this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    I'm back from an 11-day vacation so will be keeping an eye out for spam. Deleted one this morning.
    Yeah. Whoever has been pretty aggressive. I'm on every morning and report what I find, but with no moderator privileges, that's the best I can do. I know Pete's been trying to get on the site each morning, but life happens.

Looks nice. These are great old marbles!