How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chinese Handmades      Share

Chinese Handmades

I've started to collect them, and they're pretty awesome. For some reason they seemed to have rolled under the radar among the marble community, or at least people don't talk about them much.
    I like to think of them as the modern analogue of the old german handmades. The styles are different, but they parallel each other in that they're mass produced (as much as you can mass produce a handmade marble) foreign handmades made for playing. As far as I know no one else makes marbles by hand for playing.
    The glow in the dark ones are particularly cool, especially since they don't need a black light. The "Snowballs" are a lot brighter than the "Moonstones," but the moonstones also have a spiral of colored glass. The glow of the moonstones also has its own unique charm, they look like they have stars in them. I could easily see all of the glow in the dark handmades becoming valuable if they ever go out of production.

Re: Chinese Handmades

There are some pretty marbles in the Chinese handmades. I think because they are new, people are not as interested. Because of the volume that they make, comparison to the handmades of the late 1800's, early 1900's Is tough.

How new, exactly? Also, is there a chance that they will come out with shooters of the "snowballs" series, or at least the plain ones? Because that would be awesome!

Last edited by lstmmrbls; 02-09-2017 at 09:08 PM.
    CACs make me smile, Galen

That's where I've been buying them