How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

Box of assorted marbles from 1910's and 1920's ID HELP!

Hey everybody! I recently inherited a pretty decent sized lot of many different types of marbles, and would love to share them with you all. I'm doing my part, trying to learn the mysterious ins and outs of the history of marbles and marble identification. But any and all assistance and/or reliable, trusted sources would mean very much to me.

Backstory: This box of marbles was passed down from my great grandmother, or so the story goes. The box that the marbles came in supports this claim, as the box has post stamps and markings dating it back to the 1910's and 1920's. I've uploaded the first ~50 pics to my Google Drive, which you can access at the link below. If there is any interest I'll upload more.

Thanks so much all! Glad I found such a cool community.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...DJnLW5kMlBjSE0

Re: Box of assorted marbles from 1910's and 1920's ID HELP!

Nice box with vintage marbles.
    The green and purple ones look like Akro slags,the next one looks like a West Virginia swirl--The yellow one could be a Alley swirl.-- The white one is a West Virginia swirl--next is a cat's eye.
    The last one looks interesting but I'm not sure if it's a CAC striped opaque.

Thumbs up Re: Box of assorted marbles from 1910's and 1920's ID HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by winnie View Post
    Nice box with vintage marbles.
    The green and purple ones look like Akro slags,the next one looks like a West Virginia swirl--The yellow one could be a Alley swirl.-- The white one is a West Virginia swirl--next is a cat's eye.
    The last one looks interesting but I'm not sure if it's a CAC striped opaque.
    Awesome, thanks for the quick reply! So from what I can gather, the first few are of lower value, but the CAC brand marbles are potentially worth a bit. Do these seem to be from the early 20th century?

I would love to go through and identify all of these over time but the task seems so daunting. If anyone knows of some solid collectors or identification books, that would be very helpful!

Re: Box of assorted marbles from 1910's and 1920's ID HELP!

Try Joemarbles.com for the best pictures to help ID
    CACs make me smile, Galen