How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

delete from file upload manager

Hi I can't figure out how to delete photos from the file upload manager. I guess I need to delete to make room for new ones. Thanks
    Bruce

Re: delete from file upload manager

Click on "Settings" at the top of the forum
    Scroll down to the bottom of the "Settings" screen and click on "Attachments"
    You should be seeing a list of all your attachments. If you want to see thumbnails, click on "Show Thumbnails"
    Check check box on the right side of the list of the attachments you want to delete
    Click "Delete Selected" button.

Click on "Settings" at the top of the forum
    Scroll down to the bottom of the "Settings" screen and click on "Attachments"
    You should be seeing a list of all your attachments. If you want to see thumbnails, click on "Show Thumbnails"
    Check check box on the right side of the list of the attachments you want to delete
    Click "Delete Selected" button.

Jerry; That deleted them from my posts but not from the file upload manager.
    Bruce

Merry Christmas everyone!

Bruce, I'm sorry I don't use the forum much anymore and don't know the answer to your question myself. Jerry has figured out more than me, hopefully he updates this thread...

And I haven't got much more to add, except it seems to be a problem with this forum software. Other users of other forums are complaining about the same problem. I'll do some more digging.

Research seems to indicate there is a bug in this version of software. Once an attachment is deleted with my original path (Settings->Attachments->Delete) all orphaned uploads are *supposed* to be deleted within the next hour by the system. That is not happening. One suggestion was to upgrade to the current Beta release. That's a decision that Pete, the site owner, needs to make. A very poor workaround is to make a new login and start using that until you fill up that upload manager. Sorry.

Hmmm. Bruce, I'm sorry you're having this trouble. When I added this forum years ago, a forum seemed like a must-have for the site, but these days it's become something I hang onto for the benefit of those who use it. I'm not planning the invest more money into it, so I guess I can only suggest the poor workaround as there are no plans to upgrade at the moment. I just completed year-end inventory for tax reporting and am starting tax prep right now. No time for the forum until at least that's done.

Just wanted to thank you, Pete, for keeping this forum going as long as you have. I started out with my marble collecting here and over the past few years had invaluable assistance from all its wonderful, knowledgeable and supportive members. Hopeful it will stick around for awhile; but, at the same time, I completely understand if it becomes something of a liability to you and you can no longer justify keeping it going. Hope you have a Happy New Year!

Thank you Cas. It's been a long strange trip! I started with marbles 20 years ago when my Grandmother passed away and I got to thinking about an old jar of marbles she had given me years before and that I had lost, one by one, throwing them in the pool and diving for them. I bought an old jar of marbles at an antique store and became obsessed with them. One of my earliest discoveries was a thriving community of marble-heads online and when I started my own fan site LandOfMarbles.com my own forum seemed like a must-have. Somehow marbles started as my passion, and eventually became a business. It's true what they say about loving what you do when you enjoy it but at the same time the very nature of businesses dictated that LandOfMarbles.com would become very much of a job rather than a passion. Somehow the question became became "Can I afford it?" instead of "Will it be fun?"

I kind of expect in due time to have to let go of this forum, as I've let go of so many good things in my life. For now, it's here. And I'm thankful for that and the few how find pleasure in coming here