How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

Need help identifying and pricing marble

Hey! I'm not a collector myself, and have no clue what marbles sell for or what makes them valuble aside from (maybe?) being hand blown. That being said, I do have some marbles that i would love help identifying and pricing. Additionally, if anyone is interested in purchasing them, just DM me.

The first one I have is this one:

https://i.postimg.cc/NMVH3LDH/FE8-EA...0-DF070-A1.jpg

I'm not adding any more at this time, because I have no idea which are valuble and don't want to waste anyones time with $.50 marbles. Thank you all so much!

Re: Need help identifying and pricing marble

I can say it looks interesting, but the way it's lit doesn't give much in the way of detail. Trying to ID marbles on the internet really requires accurate photos with clearly discernible colors and preferably more than one side.

Quote Originally Posted by sellingmarble View Post
    Better. Still not good enough for an accurate ID. But... I don't think it's junk. I don't recognize it, but it's got an older hand gathered feel to it. But it also could be a modern hand gathered.
    I'd like to see some decent photos of a few of what else you've got.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg View Post
    Better. Still not good enough for an accurate ID. But... I don't think it's junk. I don't recognize it, but it's got an older hand gathered feel to it. But it also could be a modern hand gathered.
    I'd like to see some decent photos of a few of what else you've got.
    I've got quite a lot - here are a few pictures of the original marble with flash on, plus some of the ones I have that either stand out or are personally interesting to me. https://postimg.cc/gallery/ky9hw56y/

Still think you **might** have some nice ones. In the group shot I think I see newer and older ones. I use a multi-LED desk lamp for taking pictures. It brings out detail detail and colors. And the closer the shot the better. Examples:

I took a bit of time and got some better pictures - how are these? https://postimg.cc/gallery/32w9bzve0/

I took a bit of time and got some better pictures - how are these? https://postimg.cc/gallery/32w9bzve0/
    Much, much better. Your groups seem to be a combination fairly modern (probably Vacor de Mexico) and a few vintage. I see Vitro Agate Company and maybe Akro Agate. But nothing any great value. That single is very intriguing. What's its size? Don't think its old. Maybe a more modern contemporary handmade, especially if it's larger.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg View Post
    Much, much better. Your groups seem to be a combination fairly modern (probably Vacor de Mexico) and a few vintage. I see Vitro Agate Company and maybe Akro Agate. But nothing any great value. That single is very intriguing. What's its size? Don't think its old. Maybe a more modern contemporary handmade, especially if it's larger.
    The single is 1 inch. How much do you think the whole lot would go for?

The single is 1 inch. How much do you think the whole lot would go for?
    At that size, most definitely a more modern handmade. The groups really aren't worth much. Maybe 0.50-$1 for the vintage (and I don't see many) and the moderns, pennies apiece. The single is hard for me guess. I don't collect contemporary handmades, but I know that signed pieces from known makers can sell for a bit. Personally, I'd hang onto the big single and find a Cub Scout troop to donate the rest.